NFL Offseason Thread

Keyser_Soze

1 hour ago, Brian said:
WWW.ESPN.COM

The Raiders are releasing quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo and wide receiver Hunter Renfrow on Wednesday.

@AbsolutSurgen

JimmyG was known for a long time.

Hunter Renfrow went from being a key player under Gruden's offence, to completely ignored in McDaniel's farce.  No way they could pay him what was due in 2024.  I wouldn't be surprised if he turns up somewhere else and has a great season.

APNEWS.COM

A person familiar with the deal says Joe Flacco is heading to the Indianapolis Colts after helping the Cleveland Browns reach the playoffs and winning the AP Comeback Player of the Year Award.

WWW.ESPN.COM

In what was an expected move, the Saints released wide receiver Michael Thomas on Wednesday with a failed physical designation, a source told ESPN.

WWW.NFL.COM

The Tennessee Titans are signing wide receiver Calvin Ridley to a four-year, $92 million deal, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday, per a source.

WWW.ESPN.COM

Former Baltimore Ravens and Arizona Cardinals receiver Marquise "Hollywood" Brown is expected to sign a one-year deal worth up to $11 million with the Kansas City Chiefs, sources...

Never been a fan but could be a good pickup for Mahomes

WWW.ESPN.COM

The Bears acquired six-time Pro Bowl receiver Keenan Allen from the Chargers for a fourth-round draft pick, it was announced Thursday.

Dumping Williams and trading Allen, Chargers going WR at 5

33 minutes ago, Brian said:
WWW.ESPN.COM

Former Baltimore Ravens and Arizona Cardinals receiver Marquise "Hollywood" Brown is expected to sign a one-year deal worth up to $11 million with the Kansas City Chiefs, sources...

Never been a fan but could be a good pickup for Mahomes

He's pretty much their best receiver now.

12 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

Eh. 

Howell isn't bad.  He got kind of a rough deal here.  We couldn't protect him because of our shit-tier line and Rivera apparently didn't think it necessary to game plan around that.  He's got a good arm and can make plays.  I expect him to be more successful in a new environment.

10 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Either that, or they'll use the 2nd overall pick on a QB.

They will.  I'm hoping Maye, or maybe Daniels.  A lot of our idiot fanbase are stumping for Williams which is goofy and dumb; he already has one foot on the train to Bustville.

59 minutes ago, Slug said:

They will.  I'm hoping Maye, or maybe Daniels.  A lot of our idiot fanbase are stumping for Williams which is goofy and dumb; he already has one foot on the train to Bustville.

I've been humbled enough in the past to know that my opinions on which QB to draft are pretty bad.

That said, I hope your team ends up with a decent franchise QB.

I've heard that opinion on Williams from a number of football people I follow.

3 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I've been humbled enough in the past to know that my opinions on which QB to draft are pretty bad.

That said, I hope your team ends up with a decent franchise QB.

I've heard that opinion on Williams from a number of football people I follow.

I mean, nobody really knows how these dudes will perform in the NFL.  Not even the analysts who are paid to "know" these things.  It's a coin toss or worse on every one of them.  Most of the QBs drafted in the first round never have even a single 4000 yard/24+TD season once in their careers. Almost half of them never make it to a second contract.  30% don't last 5 seasons with the team that drafted them.  Fans get hyped up on college stats and Combine numbers, but at the end of the day it's a dice roll.

• Halal 1

39 minutes ago, Brian said:

A 6th that could become a 4th based on playtime. I don’t know why a team like the Seahawks or Vikings didn’t make this trade. Take a one year flyer and see what happens. 

We know what he is. 
His only advantage is that he’s cheap. 

4 hours ago, Brian said:

A 6th that could become a 4th based on playtime. I don’t know why a team like the Seahawks or Vikings didn’t make this trade. Take a one year flyer and see what happens. 

Russell Wilson isn't going to want to be a backup QB so this is a bad trade.