NFL Offseason Thread

Keyser_Soze

8 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

They threw a game by betting on a non NFL game?

NFL player bets on other sport, loses

NFL player owes bookmaker, gets told he can settle the debt by shaving in his game

22 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

NFL player bets on other sport, loses

NFL player owes bookmaker, gets told he can settle the debt by shaving in his game

That's the assumption of how it happens nowadays.

Of course, at the extreme level,  there was the time the Chicago White Sox threw the World Series.

My favourite part of reading pre-draft reports, is that they believe that NFL teams are following the "consensus" view on draft picks.

If CJ Stroud falls, they will blame it on the hype machine.  When in reality, the teams at the top weren't ever really planning on picking him.  If NFL front offices are basing their picks on mock drafts, they are basically incompetent.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2023 at 4:06 AM, thewhyteboar said:
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2022%2F1003%2Fr1070526_
WWW.ESPN.COM

Former Georgia star Jalen Carter, one of the top prospects in next month's NFL draft, has been charged with reckless driving and racing in conjunction with the crash that killed a teammate and a recruiting staff member.

Jalen Carter arrested. 

USATSI_20552518_168393267_lowres-e168267
PROFOOTBALLTALK.NBCSPORTS.COM

Eagles rookie Jalen Carter faces a lawsuit stemming from a car crash that killed his former Georgia teammate, Devin Willock, Shehan Jeyarajah of CBS Sports reports.Dave Willock Sr., Willock’s father, seeks $40 million in a case filed Tuesday against the school’s athletic association, Carter and others. The suit alleges wrongful death, negligent hiring and negligence.Carter [more]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would be pissed too seeing what Danny Dimes got paid for a mediocre QB season. Unfortunately RB value is at an all time low.   After all those negotiations, he only got an additional $1M in incentives. He didn’t even get them to agree to not franchise him next year. 

• True 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Biggie said:

Are we going to have a mock gambling thread this year @Slug

It's up in the air. I want to do it, but I'm going to be out of the country for the first two weeks of the season plus some other travel later.  So I might have to scale it back or come up with a different competition for this season.  So I'm gonna run *something* I'm just not sure yet what it'll be. 

• Hugs 1