NFL Offseason Thread

Keyser_Soze

1 hour ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

Still a better signing than replacing Barkley with Singletary :skull: 

Need that cap space for Brian Burns - 5/$150M. Giants D gonna be cooking next year. 

Barkley getting paid $12M to push Hurts’ ass each game seems like a lot to me. 

17 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

There are at least 64 QBs that need to be ready to play in every week.  A starter, and a credible backup.  These guys getting signed are among the top 64 QBs in the league.

While this is true, don’t you think once it’s been established time and time again that some of them are shit that maybe give someone else a shot? Maybe a undrafted player like a Kurt Warner?

16 minutes ago, Biggie said:

While this is true, don’t you think once it’s been established time and time again that some of them are shit that maybe give someone else a shot? Maybe a undrafted player

I must say this like 10 times a season. :p

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

While this is true, don’t you think once it’s been established time and time again that some of them are shit that maybe give someone else a shot? Maybe a undrafted player like a Kurt Warner?

2 hours ago, Brian said:

All these guys have been given significant chances at multiple teams to show they are good. They stink. All they are doing is preventing gems like Jimmy Cutlets from playing. 

You don't want someone like Sam Darnold to be your Plan A.  But, he can be part of your QB room WITH a drafted QB.  At $10M for the year, he's getting backup money and can start if your rookie isn't ready (or gets hurt).

Same with someone like Garner Minshew.

There are very few late round draft picks (or UFA) who can walk into training camp and start that year.

As a non-Giants fan, who only saw Tommy DeVito in a couple of games, am I missing something?  He was TERRIBLE in the games I saw him in (the Raiders game and the Xmas game against Philly). 

I rather see Tommy Cutlets play than a 34 year old journeyman in Tyrod Taylor. It was a fun period in a shit season. Tommy Cutlets turned out to be a typically NJ Italian, all bluster and no muster; but you didn’t know that at first. You had some hope. Seeing fucking Mitch Trubisky run on the field, you are changing the channel and writing off the season. 

• True 1