~*Official "What the hell, Commonwealth of Virginia?" Thread*~

• 3 weeks later...
BHC-The-Rosa-696x522.jpg
GGWASH.ORG

In less than six weeks, Virginia will become just the third state in the nation to officially go on the books as saying no to NIMBYs.

“We‘re not sure if those people are right for our community,” said Bourne. “Do we really want this type of development for those folks in our town?” Those are just a couple of the questions Bourne says he often hears about when new affordable housing goes before Virginia localities for permit approvals. They are also the kinds of questions about new development that he hopes his anti-NIMBY bill will put an end to.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Golly gee - I wonder why?!?!?  It couldn't be the complete and total lack of any worker protections, could it?!?!?

106908305-1625760730002-gettyimages-1096
WWW.CNBC.COM

A strong workforce and a solid education system propelled Virginia to its second straight win in CNBC's state competitiveness rankings.

On 7/13/2021 at 9:32 AM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Golly gee - I wonder why?!?!?  It couldn't be the complete and total lack of any worker protections, could it?!?!?

106908305-1625760730002-gettyimages-1096
WWW.CNBC.COM

A strong workforce and a solid education system propelled Virginia to its second straight win in CNBC's state competitiveness rankings.

Couldn't be that

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
612fc4ee2600003ee053fd9d.jpeg?ops=1778_1
WWW.HUFFPOST.COM

The caller claimed he didn't work for Virginia GOP candidate Glenn Youngkin — but it appears he did.

On Monday, far-right radio host Sebastian Gorka received a call from a listener who was upset that Gorka kept bashing Virginia GOP gubernatorial candidate Glenn Youngkin. 

“I don’t know if you saw today, but he rolled out a new policy plan called his Day One Game Plan. ... He wants to defend, and not defund, police. He wants to invest in our schools, restore excellence in education, cut cost of living,” the caller said. “But what frustrates me is he’s running into headwinds from conservatives like you who want to try to take him down.”

@Commissar SFLUFAN hope you've filed a Day One trademark in Virginia. Skeleton Trumpet GIF

6 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

From this South East Texas boy currently walking around northern VA, what the hell is this 75 degree midday temp in early September?

Witchcraft and sorcery, no doubt

I'm in MD and trust me, this weather is pleasantly welcomed to the high 80s-90s plus high humidity we've had.

9 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

From this South East Texas boy currently walking around northern VA, what the hell is this 75 degree midday temp in early September?

Witchcraft and sorcery, no doubt

It's a zone of relatively cooler high pressure that followed in the wake of Ida.

Trust me, this ain't normal for early September in NoVA - not by a long shot!

It's fucking beautiful and I'm so pissed that I'm not longer working remote. I've already reached out to a former colleague about a fully remote position at his company. 

Between this and the absolutely useless social distancing mandate (even for vaccinated people instead of a vaccination mandate) making me sit nowhere near my team, I may as well be remote anyway! 

I spent a winter in VA once undergoing training in the Army, and it was the worst experience of my life (temperature wise). We lived in a barracks that had absolutely no heat whatsoever, and every morning taking a shower in the freezing cold was a freaking nightmare. It was so bad that decades later, I still remember how bad it was. And then there was the crime (on post) where there is a constant alert warning women to NEVER walk through the woods to the PX (the only way you could get to the PX on post) because there were active rapists patrolling the woods. What a great winter.

• 1 month later...