~*Official "What the hell, Commonwealth of Virginia?" Thread*~

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The mayor of a small town in Virginia has rejected growing calls to resign for his racist Facebook post about presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden’s potential running mate in the 2020 election.

Barry Presgraves, the mayor of Luray, a Shenandoah Valley town some 60 miles north of Charlottesville, said he thought his comment — reportedly “Joe Biden has just announced Aunt Jemima as his VP pick” ― was “funny,” per multiple media outlets.

“Hell no, I’m not resigning,” Presgraves told Page Valley News. “The people elected me and I have a few months more to serve.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/virginia-mayor-racist-facebook-post-biden_n_5f2d0e34c5b64d7a55f1bb19

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since I just moved, I don't know anything about my polling place other than it is a church down the way. My old polling place had, pre-pandemic, about 8 voting booths crammed into a room no bigger than a large bedroom. Still had rather long lines, as it was a historically large % African American precinct. Not conducive to social distancing!

On 9/2/2020 at 5:05 PM, mrbiggsly said:

I'm upping my election security and dropping off the mail in ballot at the city clerk's office. That way I can enjoy seeing if they're going to reject my ballot without having to wonder if they're going to receive it

I’m in NJ, which is “safe” for Biden, but I’ll still be dropping off my mail-in ballot to one of the assigned drop-off locations as opposed to actually mailing it. The closest one is about 15 minutes away. I have a lot of concerns with every state this year.

1 hour ago, marioandsonic said:

I'm in PA.

Fuck it, I'm voting in person.  I want my vote to count damn it.

I feel as though dropping off to a designated box is just as safe as going in person. I know you’ve had concerns with COVID so it’s something to consider. I personally don’t trust USPS currently, which makes me simultaneously sad and angry.

On 9/2/2020 at 2:05 PM, mrbiggsly said:

I'm upping my election security and dropping off the mail in ballot at the city clerk's office. That way I can enjoy seeing if they're going to reject my ballot without having to wonder if they're going to receive it

This is what I'm going to do.

2 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

I'm in PA.

Fuck it, I'm voting in person.  I want my vote to count damn it.

I think if Trump's allowed to fuck with the electoral process to the degree that my vote doesn't count then it's not worth going to polling station and showing up to work 15 minutes later than I would have otherwise

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
blue_seal.jpg
WWW.GOVERNOR.VIRGINIA.GOV

On Wednesday evening, Governor Ralph Northam and First Lady Pamela Northam were notified that a member of the Governor’s official residence staff, who works closely within the couple’s...

Hahahahahahaha

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...