~*Official "What the hell, Commonwealth of Virginia?" Thread*~

The Republicans are waging political war with racism and the best strategy any Democrat has tried is to overtly soft pedal the racism too.  They're all so scared of meeting it head on. 

It takes more than just *being* the party that is the only option for improving people's lives. They're not going to see that during an election unless you campaign on it.

Stop begging the media to step up. They never will. We have to do the messaging ourselves. 

12 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

The Republicans are waging political war with racism and the best strategy any Democrat has tried is to overtly soft pedal the racism too.  They're all so scared of meeting it head on. 

It takes more than just *being* the party that is the only option for improving people's lives. They're not going to see that during an election unless you campaign on it.

Stop begging the media to step up. They never will. We have to do the messaging ourselves. 

The GOP have a media echo system that Dems never will. The so called liberal media have no problem throwing Dems to the wolves to "prove" that they're not liberal, to which no one is convinced.

• True 1

Lujan%20Election%20Night%20MGO%20TT%2003
WWW.TEXASTRIBUNE.ORG

Republicans saw flipping the seat as a way to make headway into South Texas, where Democrat Joe Biden underperformed last year.

Republicans flipped a state rep seat in a mostly Hispanic district in San Antonio. It will likely go back Democrat during the general (maybe?), but this is really disappointing. I don't see Texas going blue for a very long time. 

40 minutes ago, Massdriver said:
Lujan%20Election%20Night%20MGO%20TT%2003
WWW.TEXASTRIBUNE.ORG

Republicans saw flipping the seat as a way to make headway into South Texas, where Democrat Joe Biden underperformed last year.

Republicans flipped a state rep seat in a mostly Hispanic district in San Antonio. It will likely go back Democrat during the general (maybe?), but this is really disappointing. I don't see Texas going blue for a very long time. 

Oh, I don't think you have to concern yourself about Texas EVER "going blue" :p

I actually think the most disturbing thing in the exit polls is that the difference in preference by age range is not very big at all. I've sort of been taking it as a given that Gen Z & younger Millennials by and large hate Republicans, and maybe that's still true, but if it is, that clearly isn't enough to get them to come out and vote for a Clinton-era Democrat.

virginia-Exit-Polls.jpg
WWW.CNN.COM

View Virginia exit poll data for the governor, lieutenant governor and attorney general races.

3 hours ago, Ricofoley said:

I actually think the most disturbing thing in the exit polls is that the difference in preference by age range is not very big at all. I've sort of been taking it as a given that Gen Z & younger Millennials by and large hate Republicans, and maybe that's still true, but if it is, that clearly isn't enough to get them to come out and vote for a Clinton-era Democrat.

virginia-Exit-Polls.jpg
WWW.CNN.COM

View Virginia exit poll data for the governor, lieutenant governor and attorney general races.

The altright and Trump are far more popular amongst younger people then I like and people realize. 

I play HOI4 and World Of Warships and plenty of people were going Trump 2020 in chat during a match. Racist jokes and comments in pretty much every HOI4 game I have been in. Now in fairness those games are more likely to attract that crowd. (You can win WW2 as Germany and in WOWS mah krupp steel Bismarck)