Popular atheist who is totally not racist quits Patreon in solidarity with Milo and Sargon of Akkad

RedSoxFan9

14 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

The internet provides plenty of opportunities for that. 

I find other's stances in this thread to be far more troubling.

It’s nice that you give a free pass to those with whom you normally agree with.  It’s actually one of the biggest issues with moving forward in an honest debate.  

Tribalism is the curse that effects us all. 

In otherwords, call out those who are in the out-group because they hold propositions that are contrary to my beliefs, yet give a free pass to those whom are in my tribe, regardless of the inconsistencies they espouse.  

Welcome to tribalism.  

3 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

It’s nice that you give a free pass to those with whom you normally agree with.  It’s actually one of the biggest issues with moving forward in an honest debate.  

Tribalism is the curse that effects us all. 

In otherwords, call out those who are in the out-group because they hold propositions that are contrary to my beliefs, yet give a free pass to those whom are in my tribe, regardless of the inconsistencies they espouse.  

Welcome to tribalism.  

Dafuq, you think I always agree with Wade? I don't even agree with him here! At least not in regards to his inconsistent views. 

There's just nothing to be accomplished here anymore. Go spend time with your wife and kids. 

Or did you get a divorce, because judging from your Discord picture I'm not sure?

4 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Dafuq, you think I always agree with Wade? I don't even agree with him here! At least not in regards to his inconsistent views. 

There's just nothing to be accomplished here anymore. Go spend time with your wife and kids. 

Or did you get a divorce, because judging from your Discord picture I'm not sure?

Sorry if I hurt your feelings, as that was not my intention.  

No, I’m not divorced, and what pictures are you referring to that lead you to believe as much?  

I’m sorry if I said something that hurt you.    

3 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

Sorry if I hurt your feelings, as that was not my intention.  

No, I’m not divorced, and what pictures are you referring to that lead you to believe as much?  

I’m sorry if I said something that hurt you.    

First, why would you think you hurt my feelings? 

Second, it's your profile picture on Discord. I noticed it the other day and it looks like the person you're posing with isn't the woman you've posted countless pictures of the woman you said was your wife. I was just wondering.

Why would you think you hurt my feelings? 

1 hour ago, SFLUFAN said:

Hence my first sentence where I reject the entire premise of either being "real" to begin with.  But as I was asked to make a choice, I did so according to my own internal worldview of which is the "more real" of two "unreal" choices.

As such, there was never any "footing" to begin with.

Upon further consideration,  I have decided that the correct terminology for this proposition should be “less unreal” as opposed to “more real”.  Apologies for any confusion!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I legit thought it was a young woman, from the size of the pic and the way they're posed. 

Ooops.

I went to look and it is a tiny somewhat washed out photo. Stop slacking and get a better photo Boyle! Look at what your shoddy photography skills are causing!

Just now, legend said:

I went to look and it is a tiny somewhat washed out photo. Stop slacking and get a better photo Boyle! Look at what your shoddy photography skills are causing!

I rarely look at the pic thread anymore, but last time I did, I didn't recall any pics  from Boyle and he used to post his family all the time. Then I saw that pic on Discord a few days ago and it made me wonder. 

Apologies, Boyle. The only reason I even asked it publicly was because it was a public picture. 

2 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

I’m just getting started.  

I fucking hope so. I'm terrible at discussing things like this because I lose interest, but I love watching it unfold.

I'd love to hatefully argue and "discuss" something superficial likes films or music though, that I can do for days. 

44 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

i fucking love science

Note that the one on the left is from a philosopher. Just to be clear :p 

Though neither of them are defensible unless you take an overly narrow definitions of the terms just so you can say something that sounds sensational.