The Mariners

thewhyteboar

18 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Julio is scratched from the lineup minutes before the game starts and Marco lets up a lead off home run. My oh my. 

Yeah, still haven’t seen or heard any explanation. And he threw caught the first pitch and seemed fine…

1 hour ago, thewhyteboar said:

Ok it’s been announced as a wrist ailment. Gross. 

Cranking 82 tanks in the derby may not be great for your wrists 😬😬😬😬

17 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Cranking 82 tanks in the derby may not be great for your wrists 😬😬😬😬

Whole reason why Vlad Jr.  of the Jays didn’t do it this year. Said he wanted to stay healthy for the final stretch of games. Hopefully Julio will be fine very soon

rawImage.jpg
WWW.SFCHRONICLE.COM

Media outlets and fans were led to believe that Oakland Athletics pitcher Paul Blackburn...

“It’s also commonplace throughout the game. If there’s room, teams will accommodate All-Stars of the opposing team after the final game of the first half since they’re heading to the same destination.

Somehow, that got lost in translation by many media outlets and fans who wrongly claimed the A’s were too cheap to fly Blackburn to the site of the All-Star Game.

Fact is, Major League Baseball picks up the bill as part of the collective bargaining agreement between MLB and the players’ union. Teams don’t need to pay for transportation for their All-Stars and two others.

According to the CBA, every All-Star is entitled up to three first-class commercial flights to the All-Star site, plus two hotel rooms, all paid for by MLB.”

““This happens all the time,” Morabito said. “This has nothing to do with the Oakland A’s. All we do is facilitate the travel. This is in conjunction with Major League Baseball. If you call all 30 major-league teams, you’ll find more examples of this. Other teams have done this in the past.”

Indeed, then-Mets outfielder Carlos Beltran joined a large San Francisco Giants traveling party to the 2011 All-Star Game in Phoenix. The Giants had won the World Series the year before, so the group included manager Bruce Bochy and the coaching staff along with four All-Star pitchers. 

The Mets were in San Francisco when the first half ended, so Beltran and teammate Jose Reyes were invited onto the Giants’ charter. Later that month, the Giants traded for Beltran.

The A’s have made similar gestures. In 2019, they chartered a jet from Seattle for All-Stars Matt Chapman and Liam Hendriks for the All-Star Game in Cleveland and invited Mariners All-Star Daniel Vogelbach to come along.”

Apparently he jammed his wrist on a slide in the last game of the series against at the Rangers and still went out and derbied. An unfortunate lesson learned by Jrod 😭

Yankees need a lot of help. Astros have a cake schedule and barring major injuries seem destined to be the #1 seed.

As constructed, and everybody healthy, I’m not sure the Ya Kees beat any of the other 4 teams in the top of the standings in a 7 game series, and they will assuredly have to beat 2 of them to win the WS.

@ManUtdRedDevilswho you want the Yanks to go get?

@sblfilms I would gladly take Soto since the Yankees ain’t gonna resign Judge.

Yanks could use another bat/OF and bullpen arm. All players must be vaxxed since we play Toronto and a good chance they make the playoffs.  

While Yankees continue to lose to the Astros, the games are competitive. I think they can win a series against any team in baseball. I would prefer the Yanks to have home field advantage but it was always a long shot since the AL West is trash. 

• True 1

I genuinely don’t know how the Rays continue to hang in the playoff race. To say they have been bitten by the injury bug is a massive understatement 

I don’t want to keep talking about terrible Jake Odorizzi and how he needs to be DFA’d, but this was a wild stat

still inexcusable to get run out of the building by a AAA squad, Jake