The Mariners

thewhyteboar

Imagine finally getting your break to be a big league manager and you decide, less than a month on the job, that starting a reliever to throw at some guys is a good idea. 
Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF

he used to be Boone’s right hand man. No wonder Yankees did so many stupid things. 

• Halal 1

2 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Trout has a personality as bland as his namesake, so he is a perfect fit for the Angels. Ohtani, on the other hand, I'm guessing he is gone as soon as his contract is up.

We can only hope

This is why I don’t want to hear how great Trout is because he picked mediocrity over winning.  Can’t wait to watch his HOF clips of regular season homers against the Mariners. 

For a team to have two major stars during a time where the playoffs have been expanded and you still can’t make the playoffs? Wow. You know you are trash when the team had more success when owned by Disney. But hey, I am sure using all of your draft picks last year to select pitchers is gonna work out for 31 year old Trout.

Oh and your new manager intentionally started a brawl that directly caused one of your relievers to break his elbow when trying to joint the fight. Great stuff

It is objectively true that the Justin Verlander return is one of the most remarkable stories so far in the 2022 MLB season. Simply incredible stuff from Grandpa JV

Minute Maid Park was rocking.

Astros go 7-2 in the 9 game stretch against the Yankees and Mets. They trailed after literally two total ABs in 9 games (the two walkoffs by Judge).

This team is good. Starting pitching is beyond solid. Need one reliever and maybe a CF and the team is as complete as you’ll find in baseball.

I generally don’t like the MVP going to a player on a bad team, but there legit is nothing more impressive in baseball than what Ohtani is doing. Only thing that would make it better is if it were going to be on display in October.

It’s July 1st, which means clubs will start calling up top prospects now that they aren’t super two eligible.

Astros called up catcher, and their #2 prospect, Korey Lee. Literally no way he is worse offensively than Jason Castro who is on the IL now. Lee has been ho-hum this season batting, but he overall has been solid as a minor leaguer. I feel like he was pressing a bit this season knowing he was going to be on the big league club at some point. Maybe now he can relax a bit since he is up and it’s no longer a “when”.

Any young guys likely getting the call for your favorite team?

3 hours ago, sblfilms said:

It’s July 1st, which means clubs will start calling up top prospects now that they aren’t super two eligible.

Astros called up catcher, and their #2 prospect, Korey Lee. Literally no way he is worse offensively than Jason Castro who is on the IL now. Lee has been ho-hum this season batting, but he overall has been solid as a minor leaguer. I feel like he was pressing a bit this season knowing he was going to be on the big league club at some point. Maybe now he can relax a bit since he is up and it’s no longer a “when”.

Any young guys likely getting the call for your favorite team?

Out of all positions, the Jays called up their top prospect Gabriel Moreno, a catcher. We have Jansen injured(back soon and was hitting well), Kirk is just fucking on fire at the plate, Collins when needed has been ok (most likely trade material) and Moreno is young, can hit and one hell of a cannon. We need another good starter and maybe backup in the pen. I’m hearing rumours that the Jays might be trying to reunite themselves with Noah Syndergaard via trade 

Javier is the Astros #7 starter on the depth chart. The embarrassment of riches that is the Astros starting pitching staff is something else.

Kid just dominated the Yankees in the first 7 innings of the no hitter, now doing the pitiful Angels dirty with 1 hit through 6

Just got home. Astros K the Angels 20 times. Peña two homers including this walk-off. Sorry to my beloved Jrod, but ROY belongs to Peña.

Astros have the weakest remaining schedule and are going to se the franchise win record.

Verlander is probably going to win the Cy Young too if he keeps doing what he is doing (and again, weakest remaining schedule…).

Much excite

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

Just got home. Astros K the Angels 20 times. Peña two homers including this walk-off. Sorry to my beloved Jrod, but ROY belongs to Peña.

Astros have the weakest remaining schedule and are going to se the franchise win record.

Verlander is probably going to win the Cy Young too if he keeps doing what he is doing (and again, weakest remaining schedule…).

Much excite

Youre Wrong John C Mcginley GIF
Julio is going to be a 30-30 guy this year, with a shot at 40-40. Ain’t no way he doesn’t win it. 

Busy busy week but decided I’m going to hit up the Verlander start on Thursday. Day game, so less interference with work stuff.

Fully expecting the team to be going for a 10th consecutive win.