The Mariners

thewhyteboar

Arizona trades Luke Weaver to the Royals, man between this and the on again off again seasons of Kelly make the Goldschmidt trade tough. After Kendrick publicly stated that Goldy would be a D-Back as long as he wanted it is hard to trust this ownership group to do what is right for the team in the end. 

Just now, Biggie said:

Good luck. Never was a fan of Will Smith. Dude is very shaky. 

A friend best described this as a “meh for meh” trade. Both a above average when on, and waaaaaaay below average when off. I’m hoping Smith in lower leverage positions, since the Astros back of the pen is already solid and set, may be a good dude to chew up a couple innings here and there.

4 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Alex trying to catch lightening in a bottle like last years moves.  

AA basically won a WS with his wild trade deadline rebuild

11 hours ago, sblfilms said:

AA basically won a WS with his wild trade deadline rebuild

He almost did it years ago when he manage to get David Price for The Jays. Ending one of the longest post season droughts for all MLB teams. So let him throw whatever he needs to throw to catch his wanted talent. 

Still waiting on The Jays to pull something off pitching wise. We need a starter and would love 2 arms in the bullpen that are a little more reliable 

3 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

All I want is for Kelenic to hit like a replacement level major leaguer for one measly month. That's not too much to ask for.

I think it is

I feel like a lesson that can be learned from the LA Rams is always take established talent over potential. I find it shocking that the MLB continue to over value prospects. Soto being available and only 3 teams (Dodgers, Cardinals, and Padres) actively involved in trade talks is stupid. Every playoff team should have been on this guy from the jump.  

• Like 1
  • True 1

8 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I feel like a lesson that can be learned from the LA Rams is always take established talent over potential. I find it shocking that the MLB continue to over value prospects. Soto being available and only 3 teams (Dodgers, Cardinals, and Padres) actively involved in trade talks is stupid. Every playoff team should have been on this guy from the jump.  

Agreed. Pretty much the only team that had no chance is the Astros precisely because they have been betting the farm every year to get big league talent for the playoff push, and that whole losing rounds 1 and 2 in 20 and 21 drafts…

Soto for three playoff runs is more valuable than your top handful of prospects, and they get Bell for two as well. Very good move by the Padres regardless of how those prospects turn out.

Would have liked a CF, but I’m guessing this means the Astros expect Michael Brantley to be back and to move Tucker into center with Brantley, Yordan, and Mancini playing a rotation at DH/LF/RF