The Mariners

thewhyteboar

Astros had to bring this guy with them because the cheapo As wouldn’t do what every other team does and send their All-stars out on private flights.

19 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2022%2F0719%2Fr1038256_
WWW.ESPN.COM

MLB commissioner Rob Manfred said Tuesday he "reject the premise" that minor league players are not paid a living wage, prompting a barrage of criticism a day after the...

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

How can you reject the premise? It’s math. Basic math. 

• True 1

I love Manoah and his love for the game. When the Jays are playing, he’s right at the end chatting it up with the guys when they’re up to bat. He even does this when he’s pitching that day. He’d rather be in with everyone then being left alone on the bench to prep himself for the next inning on pitching. Jays are gonna be shelling out a shit load of money once these young players are up for free agency/arbitration 

22 minutes ago, Biggie said:

He can't afford a first class plane ticket? Goddamn these guys are spoiled bitches.

I am sure it was first class. What teams normally do for a congrats on being an Allstar is charter a private flight. The As and Nats didn’t, and the Nats didn’t do it likely for retaliatory reasons because Soto rejected their offer. As are just normal cheapskates.

4 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I am sure it was first class. What teams normally do for a congrats on being an Allstar is charter a private flight. The As and Nats didn’t, and the Nats didn’t do it likely for retaliatory reasons because Soto rejected their offer. As are just normal cheapskates.

That’s the problem. Guys making gazillion dollars and asking why don’t we have more minority families in the stands? Cause tickets are $150, hot dogs are $10, parking is $30, beer and cokes are $15 that’s why. 

• True 1

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

That’s the problem. Guys making gazillion dollars and asking why don’t we have more minority families in the stands? Cause tickets are $150, hot dogs are $10, parking is $30, beer and cokes are $15 that’s why. 

I don’t really understand your point. As and Nats are in the top 10 most expensive stadiums to take a family to, but we’re also too cheap to do the customary thing of treating your players who are All-stars to a luxury experience. And in the case of the Nats, it was just pettiness. Good luck getting big name free agents to want to come to your club when you treat one of the 5 best players in the sport this way.

23 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I don’t really understand your point. As and Nats are in the top 10 most expensive stadiums to take a family to, but we’re also too cheap to do the customary thing of treating your players who are All-stars to a luxury experience. And in the case of the Nats, it was just pettiness. Good luck getting big name free agents to want to come to your club when you treat one of the 5 best players in the sport this way.

BeCaUsE tHeY hAvE a ShIt LoAd Of ThEiR oWn MoNeY

On 7/19/2022 at 11:04 AM, sblfilms said:

Astros had to bring this guy with them because the cheapo As wouldn’t do what every other team does and send their All-stars out on private flights.

reddit said this is normal for teams when it’s one guy. astros brought him because they already had a PJ since they had a bunch of people going to LA. 

22 minutes ago, johnny said:

reddit said this is normal for teams when it’s one guy. astros brought him because they already had a PJ since they had a bunch of people going to LA. 

It was literally two teams in 2022. As and Nats, well and then L.A. teams for obvious reasons. And that Nats did so just to be spiteful 😂

Former MLBer Trevor Plouffe was unimpressed

3 hours ago, sblfilms said:

It was literally two teams in 2022. As and Nats, well and then L.A. teams for obvious reasons. And that Nats did so just to be spiteful 😂

Former MLBer Trevor Plouffe was unimpressed

when they said its normal i assume that means it happens other years too. 

look i hate oaklands owner but i don’t think flying first class on a commercial flight is some bad thing lol. getting a private jet for one person is kinda wasteful unless you need them somewhere asap

The sound in the stadium when Yordan was announced to pinch hit in the 9th was about as loud as I’ve ever heard MMP. Absolutely shook the building.

The Astros simply are a problem for the Yankees and it hasn’t changed thus far through July 2022. Will be interesting to see what each team does at the deadline, could be the difference maker.