The Mariners

thewhyteboar

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Yep. Always wanted to visit the PNW and since I went to Maine last year, seemed appropriate to go in the opposite direction this year. I go to a game in whatever city I visit and I've always had a bit of a soft spot for the Mariners because of players like Griffey, Ichiro, E. Martinez, King Felix, etc. Even A-rod when I was a kid and didn't know any better, lol.

Gonna do some whale watching, visit Mt Rainier, Olympic Nat Forest, and do a day trip to Portland while we're there.

If you can, try to make it to Deception Pass. One of the most beautiful places on earth.

3 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

What a joke. 

Shohei dealing though. Will the Angels blow it only up 3-1 in the middle of the 6th? Seems likely 😂

If you’ve ever wondered what “regression to the mean” is referring to, losing a home series to a tanking team should illuminate

33 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

It is a shame that organizations who could have been at the top for a decade win and then fire sale so they don’t have to pay up.

I mean they did offer Soto a shit load but I think the deciding factor with these players is nobody wants to play in DC. 

7 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I mean they did offer Soto a shit load but I think the deciding factor with these players is nobody wants to play in DC. 

They offered him a grip, no doubt, but to play for a team that will never compete except by accident. He doesn’t just want to get paid, he wants to play for a competitive organization.

JV is right. I tend to be of the “doing great things on bad teams isn’t good enough” train, but what Ohtani is doing has no parallel to the normal great player on a bad team situation. Just incredible stuff.

8 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

This is America’s introduction to Julio. Prepare to fall in love. 

I am now sad we decided to skip the derby