The Mariners

thewhyteboar

3 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Man, imagine dunking on a team with 1/4th the payroll. Absolutely no pride or sense of self-respect. Sad!

True. Yankees should be kinder to their feeder club. You guys do a good job training future Yankee stars. 

• Like 1

Went for the Verlander start, stayed for the Altuve and Yordan tanks.

Also, the Royals manager can pound sand for intentionally walking Yordan when his team ain’t got a thought of making the playoffs. Let the man put on a show!

48 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Glad that Trout and Ohtani will get to play a big game this year since they will be missing the playoffs once again

Also happy to see the Astros hate remains strong

Ummm, Altuve is the starting second baseman 😂

This was a fun moment in the building. Maldy in the post game said he had wanted to try this for like 12 years. Ward reacting to Altuve is hilarious 

Ban the shift. I want more action on the basepaths. A big part of the launch angle and three true outcomes revolution is directly attributable to shifting. Makes baseball less exciting.

9 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Ban the shift. I want more action on the basepaths. A big part of the launch angle and three true outcomes revolution is directly attributable to shifting. Makes baseball less exciting.

This is very true. The ball isn't put into play as much anymore, and even when it is, a fielder is right there. It's lame. Plus, banning the shift should really help out Jared Kelenic.

5 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Got my Mariners tickets for Sept. Get to see the Braves in town!

I bought a Ken Griffey Jr jersey for the occasion. He was one of my faves as a kid.

Awesome! Will you be in Seattle then?

I really like Montoyo as a coach. I think he might of left some pitchers in too long now and then but liked his defensiveness for his players. Plus the club house is really tight and the recent sudden death their 1st base coach daughter I think hurt the team more then some would think. That’s when this slide happened and ain’t too worried. Plus we are down 2 starting pitchers and could trade for some soon. We gonna have to David Price some pitcher in a trade soon though. 

8 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

Awesome! Will you be in Seattle then?

Yep. Always wanted to visit the PNW and since I went to Maine last year, seemed appropriate to go in the opposite direction this year. I go to a game in whatever city I visit and I've always had a bit of a soft spot for the Mariners because of players like Griffey, Ichiro, E. Martinez, King Felix, etc. Even A-rod when I was a kid and didn't know any better, lol.

Gonna do some whale watching, visit Mt Rainier, Olympic Nat Forest, and do a day trip to Portland while we're there.