The Mariners

thewhyteboar

I don’t think a game has made me more grumpy than that one in a long time. 2-1 loss with 9 left on base is about as frustrating as it gets. I did chuckle at Raffy admiring the moonshot he hit 😂

14 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

Castillo tomorrow. Go for that series win. 

looks like you could win with you pitching, but especially with even Kelenic taking fools deep

Great moment here in the building. And it would not have been a homer at Camden with the new left field dimensions. Trey will thrive with the short left field porch at Minute Maid.

Mid season changes are so interesting to me. Jose Urquidy had taken a pretty stunning step back earlier this season. In the off season, he added a cutter. It had the very unfortunate effect of making his two best pitches MUCH worse. Since he got rid of it, he’s been elite. Glad the Astros were able to get some bats without giving him up.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

Mid season changes are so interesting to me. Jose Urquidy had taken a pretty stunning step back earlier this season. In the off season, he added a cutter. It had the very unfortunate effect of making his two best pitches MUCH worse. Since he got rid of it, he’s been elite. Glad the Astros were able to get some bats without giving him up.

From my many years of pitching, I can see why he would ditch it. The splitter on my fingers was a pain in the ass and formed blisters on my 2-3 main gripping fingers (I threw hard) Trying to grip the ball in the later innings would be painful and hard to grip for the control I expected/wanted from myself. Although it worked nicely for my game, but again, fuck did they kill my finger tips

3 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

The Yankees SP has regressed quite a bit. Maybe Cortes, Cole, and Tailon need  to hit up Mexico for a couple of weeks to recharge. 

16 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

@ManUtdRedDevils ooof meter off the charts

It was rough to watch. Pitchers stuff are ridiculously nasty these days so I do sympathize with umpires that are calling the game. Having said that, it is silly that the broadcast can show the balls and strikes the instant the pitch crosses the plate. Make the umps wear an earpiece and have the robots tell them whether it is a ball or strike. 

plus this will speed up the game as less players and coaches will complain about the strike zone. 

• True 1