Twitter posts not showing correctly

Spawn_of_Apathy

1 hour ago, Emblazon said:

Could you please link to post or just post some Twitter here? Is it all themes or just dark themes?

@Emblazon

That was this post, but now even when I reloaded the page to get you the link the tweet embedded properly. This is on the default (Playstation) theme. 

I refreshed the page just now a couple times and it didn't reproduce the error. It seems to be rather random. So like @Jason said, maybe there's an update for either the boards or just the Twitter plugin? 

4 hours ago, Emblazon said:

On a side note, and here's an example, reddit embeds don't seem to be appearing properly. I've looked into the code, and it's all pulling from Embedly, which I can't change, and there doesn't seem to be any CSS on the site here that directly affects the embed.

I'm getting a 500 error on the embed here:

I didn't realize until you posted ITT that Invision is using Embedly to do the embedding, it would make sense if what we're seeing is a third party service randomly shitting the bed. 

On 10/15/2018 at 5:24 PM, SaysWho? said:

I kept thinking it was just me. :p 

I thought that too, but took a chance amd posted about it. Thought at the very least if it was a "me" issue somebody might know a fix I could do. 

Plus I google searched, and it seems to be an issue plaguing multiple people across multiple sites

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2018 at 10:28 AM, Kal-El814 said:

This has been happening for me on iOS for a little while. 

H7lKgO8.png

2 issues in one post. 

The stretching issue isn’t a problem on my iPad, but I think it’s mainly due to screen size?

@Jason @Emblazon

The Twitter sizing issue is exclusively a Twitter issue--as in the only people who can fix the issue is Twitter. Everything here is functioning as intended. 

Which means, if I had to guess, the issue with the white background not appearing is Twitter scripting as well. 

It also might be exclusively an iPhone issue (still because of Twitter scripting), because when I inspect mobile on my computer, tweets appear properly and do not extend past the max width of the page. 

We're just going to have to wait until Twitter gets off their collective ass and does something to fix it. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/13/2018 at 2:00 PM, Emblazon said:

The Twitter sizing issue is exclusively a Twitter issue--as in the only people who can fix the issue is Twitter. Everything here is functioning as intended. 

Which means, if I had to guess, the issue with the white background not appearing is Twitter scripting as well. 

It also might be exclusively an iPhone issue (still because of Twitter scripting), because when I inspect mobile on my computer, tweets appear properly and do not extend past the max width of the page. 

We're just going to have to wait until Twitter gets off their collective ass and does something to fix it. 

It shouldn’t be too long.  People have been asking for an edit feature for a decade and twitter is now thinking about it. 

• 1 year later...