Do you guys believe in other intelligent civilizations in the universe?

best3444

Are there Aliens   

13 members have voted

1. 1. Other intelligent life in the universe

• Yes
    • No

Or are we the only intelligent life in this GIGANTIC universe? I watch Dr Steven M. Greer almost daily and he is convinced there is other life outside of this planet with a documented 70 other species so far counted.

What say you?

Its nearly an impossibility that we are the only "intelligent" life in the universe. But unless we have a few things about physics very, very wrong, we are likely to never meet another civilization.  

6 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Its nearly an impossibility that we are the only "intelligent" life in the universe. But unless we have a few things about physics very, very wrong, we are likely to never meet another civilization.  

And if we do then one of us will be partaking in the first strike annihilation

• Haha 1

I believe other civilizations have been apart of Earth from day 1. I believe the Government has spoken to these life forms and we have a relationship with some today. I don't believe they're hostile. 

• Confused 1
  • Shocked 1

I believe that extra terrestrial life forms made the pyramids for one. Dating back to at least that time period. Old paintings have UFO's in them.

I understand we are not advanced enough to find life but they have found us.

I guess I would say that I think there have been human-like intelligent civilizations at some point and some place in the universe, but I have no idea if they exist at this particular moment in time. There is little that we could do to show if human-like intelligent civilizations lived on our planet a few million years ago, so virtually no chance we will ever find evidence off this planet.

Just now, best3444 said:

I believe that extra terrestrial life forms made the pyramids for one. Dating back to at least that time period. Old paintings have UFO's in them.

I understand we are not advanced enough to find life but they gave found us.

That is a fun idea, but not a position supported by facts. A romantic view of history if you will. 

1 minute ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

That is a fun idea, but not a position supported by facts. A romantic view of history if you will. 

Yea, I understand nothing is considered facts. It's just really fascinating to me. A guy like Dr Greer so convinced that he's met these aliens is "something else" to me.

2 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Any alien race smart enough to find/get to us is smart enough to know that we aren’t worth meeting.

Dr Leer said Alien life sees a ton of potential in us and that we do matter lol. How do we matter? Absolutely no idea. 

1 minute ago, TheLeon said:

Any alien race smart enough to find/get to us is smart enough to know that we aren’t worth meeting.

Maybe they just want to hang around failures so they feel better about themselves? :sun:

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Dr Leer said Alien life sees a ton of potential in us and that we do matter lol. How do we matter? Absolutely no idea. 

Of course! We're god damn delicious!

Alien Movie GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, best3444 said:

21 minutes ago, best3444 said:

On your concept of "is there intelligent life in the Universe"?  It's too big for the odds of intelligent life not evolving somewhere else.

It's cool to think of the possibility of intelligent life visiting us.  It's not completely out of the realm of impossibility.  However, the evidence for it happening just isn't there.  There is a really big possibility that travelling above the speed of light is a hard barrier, and interstellar travel on the scale of human lifetimes will never be a thing.

I love to listen to conspiracy theories (The Why Files is one of my favourite chanels on Youtube).

Isn't Dr. Steven Greer a Ufologist?  I'm not sure he's a "neutral" person on the topic.

2 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Isn't Dr. Steven Greer a Ufologist?  I'm not sure he's a "neutral" person on the topic.

Yes he is. There are times when he gets into details and I litteraly laugh out loud because it sounds so made up.  😆 

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

I don’t even believe there is intelligent life on THIS planet 

Counter point:

Capybaras GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Some say they are dumb, but I say they are just to chill to care about evolving past having a nice time. 

• True 1

My views boil down to:

-Extremely good chance that intelligent life has or does exist elsewhere in the universe at some point in time

-No real idea how common it is for that intelligent life to exist

-Extremely poor chance that extra terrestrial intelligent life has or continues to visit Earth

42 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Personally, I lean towards the Dark Forest Hypothesis as a possible answer to the Fermi Paradox.

Interesting.

41 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I have chosen to believe in the Firstborn hypothesis.

I have since the first time I have heard of it.

Won't say it's the "right answer" but it feels satisfyingly correct.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firstborn_hypothesis

Doubt it. 

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

I believe other civilizations have been apart of Earth from day 1. I believe the Government has spoken to these life forms and we have a relationship with some today. I don't believe they're hostile. 

backing up homer simpson GIF

• Haha 1

Just now, best3444 said:

@Kal-El814 What's your opinion on this?

Similar to other takes here. The size of the universe makes us being the only intelligent life in it unlikely and the odds of us encountering any of it less so. It'd be rad to be proven wrong, but there's no reason to believe we've encountered aliens.

• True 1

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

Yea, there just isn't any concrete proof Aliens exist. If the Government is hiding info they do one hell of a job. 

The bigger the conspiracy is, and the longer it goes on, the harder it is to keep a secret.