RIP in Peace, Redfall - update (05/30): Game Update 4 (the final one) released

Well, it's been a whole year since Redfall was unleashed upon the public, so let's check-in on how it's doing, shall we?

Capture.PNG

Oh dear...well, surely they've released at least one of the two promised DLC characters that were sold as part of the deluxe Bite Back Edition and are still being sold as an upgrade to the base game.

960x0.png?height=387&width=711&fit=bound

What's that?  They haven't released even one of those characters?  Oh my goodness! 

Alright, well what about that offline mode?  They must've gotten that out the door, right?  Oh...oh no :(

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

I wanted to like that game, but it was rough at launch. And from what I played, I didn’t get the sense that the core gameplay loop would end up being all that satisfying even if the bugs were patched. 

3 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Well, it's been a whole year since Redfall was unleased upon the public, so let's check-in on how it's doing, shall we?

Capture.PNG

Oh dear...well, surely they've released at least one of the two promised DLC characters that were sold as part of the deluxe Bite Back Edition and are still being sold as an upgrade to the base game.

960x0.png?height=387&width=711&fit=bound

What's that?  They haven't released even one of those characters?  Oh goodness! 

Alright, well what about that offline mode?  They must've gotten that out the door, right?  Oh...oh dear :(

Please tell me you made this thread as well on ResetEra.

6 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Looks like a green fall on that chart. 

pqdsbXi.png

I tried to use MS paint to bucket fill the line, but as it was mixed shades it didn't work out so well.

The great news is that anyone who paid $100 or more for this chart will get the fully redfilled version in a future update!

• Haha 1

WWW.VIDEOGAMESCHRONICLE.COM

Redfall will receive no further updates, as Microsoft “ends all development,” on the game.

Redfall will receive no further updates, as Microsoft “ends all development” on the game.

In an email to staff announcing that Redfall developer Arkane Austin will be closed, Microsoft announced that the studio’s troubled vampire shooter will receive no further updates.

“Redfall’s previous update will be its last as we end all development on the game,” reads an internal email.

“The game and its servers will remain online for players to enjoy and we will provide make-good offers to players who purchased the Hero DLC.”

The DLC referred to in the email was included in the $99.99 Bite Back Edition of the game. This included the ‘Hero Pass’, which was originally promised to include two extra heroes. That content has now been cancelled.

GM-tAkIXwAABLJc?format=png&name=medium

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Merry 1st Birthday, Redfall! - update (05/07): RIP in Peace, Redfall (not that you were actually alive to begin with)
  • 2 weeks later...

From the Redfall Xwitter account:

Thank you for all your supportive messages. 

We are working to release our final update, Game Update 4, that brings revamped Neighborhood and Nest systems, Single Player Pausing, Offline Mode, and more. 

We’ll provide additional details soon. Thank you all.

• Hype 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to RIP in Peace, Redfall - update (05/17): final update (including offline mode) to be released

I don’t like to see games vanish forever even if they weren’t the best and I still like the atmosphere in this and would like to give it a whirl some day so I’m glad they are doing this.

30 minutes ago, stepee said:

I don’t like to see games vanish forever even if they weren’t the best and I still like the atmosphere in this and would like to give it a whirl some day so I’m glad they are doing this.

We will have to co-op it for one last hurrah before it goes offline.

Friendship Hold Hands GIF by Thelma and Louise

• 2 weeks later...
BETHESDA.NET

Game Update 4 ReVamps the Neighborhood and Nest systems while bringing along new features such as Offline Mode, Single Player Pausing, DLSS3 and more.

A Note from Arkane Austin:

We’re proud to deliver to you Redfall’s Game Update 4.*

We’re thankful for the millions of players who have joined us. From everyone at Arkane Austin, thank you for playing our games and loving our worlds, it’s been an honor to deliver these experiences to you.

— Arkane Austin

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to RIP in Peace, Redfall - update (05/30): Game Update 4 (the final one) released