How do you feel about learning from your mistakes?

stepee

Poll  

13 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about learning from your mistakes?

• It’s a sign of weakness
    • It’s a sign of strength

Just now, TheLeon said:

If I ever make a mistake, you’ll be the first to know. 

While I appreciate that, wouldn’t it be better to just steamroll past it and deny everything at the expense of all reality? 

26 minutes ago, stepee said:

While I appreciate that, wouldn’t it be better to just steamroll past it and deny everything at the expense of all reality? 

This is a good point. Telling you that I made a mistake is admitting that I made a mistake, which in turn is a mistake, and that just sets off a messy spiral that I would rather not deal with. 

• True 1

This thread is actually a good place for me to post why I’ve come back (briefly).

I wanted to tell you all I’m really sorry for how awful I’ve been to so many of you over the years. I was a depressed toxic traumatized drunk who liked to be a psycho asshole on the internet for attention because I was broken inside. I’ve done a lot of healing and therapy over the years now that I’m sober and I’m learning how to just be a healthier person overall and I have a lot of remorse for my behavior. There’s no excuse for how I treated some of you and how I acted. It will never happen again. 

I think it’s still best that I stay away but I wanted to apologize to anyone I ever antagonized or made uncomfortable, angry, or upset. To everyone whose boundaries I just steamrolled right over. And especially to anyone I kicked while they were already down. It wasn’t you, it was me. Okay love you bye. 

-kk

• Haha 2
  • Hugs 3

I took five years away, and your first message to me was trying to mock me over a guy who pretended to be me after I had already knew he was pretending 

I am all about personal growth, life is about improving and being better than you were yesterday 

But, waiting five years to try and win on a dying message board community. Yeah 

• Halal 1

The one thing I do know for a fact is that Andrea is not to be trusted. She can turn on you in a second and when she does, she does it viciously and harsh. 

She mocked me by laughing at my post that people can change just yesterday. I have absolutely have grown up and changed since we last spoke. She is a very cold person when she wants to be. 

Saying that, I'm glad she has a better outlook on life but I still don't trust her. 

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

The one thing I do know for a fact is that Andrea is not to be trusted. She can turn on you in a second and when she does, she does it viciously and harsh. 

She mocked me by laughing at my post that people can change just yesterday. I have absolutely have grown up and changed since we last spoke. She is a very cold person when she wants to be. 

Saying that, I'm glad she has a better outlook on life but I still don't trust her. 

Seems harsh. 

Just now, Biggie said:

Seems harsh. 

Na. I said plenty of kind things to her and even sent her money just a month ago for food. She just never gives me any chances so it's better off we never speak again. I still wish her the very best. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

I took five years away, and your first message to me was trying to mock me over a guy who pretended to be me after I had already knew he was pretending 

I am all about personal growth, life is about improving and being better than you were yesterday 

But, waiting five years to try and win on a dying message board community. Yeah 

I remember that. That was shitty of me, I’m sorry. Totally understand if you don’t forgive and that okay, you don’t have to. You have no reason to and have mainly only seen years of shitty behavior from me. Same goes for anyone else who is dubious or doesn’t agree with my apology. 

and there’s no “winning” here, just trying to undo any small piece of the damage I’ve done. Which may be impossible, but if there’s a chance of at least one person I treated poorly getting the affirmation that I was the problem and not them, I figure it’s worth a try. I also realized a while ago that maybe the best way to show kindness to you all is to step away and move forward, which I will go back to doing now. Best wishes to you all ❤️.

17 minutes ago, imsorry said:

I remember that. That was shitty of me, I’m sorry. Totally understand if you don’t forgive and that okay, you don’t have to. You have no reason to and have mainly only seen years of shitty behavior from me. Same goes for anyone else who is dubious or doesn’t agree with my apology. 

and there’s no “winning” here, just trying to undo any small piece of the damage I’ve done. Which may be impossible, but if there’s a chance of at least one person I treated poorly getting the affirmation that I was the problem and not them, I figure it’s worth a try. I also realized a while ago that maybe the best way to show kindness to you all is to step away and move forward, which I will go back to doing now. Best wishes to you all ❤️.

So with all this apologizing and a different outlook on life, why laugh at me with my other post yesterday? Are you being sincere here?

I sent you money for food last month because I thought we were friends yet I got no thank you. No matter what I do you always find a reason to treat me like shit. I have treated you amazingly well over the years and paid for medical expenses and hooked you up with a ton of food. 

If you are just going to respond to this with more hate then I'll have to block you as well. But it doesn't seem fair to apologize to the user above and not acknowledge me. I was in your circle for several years and it was an emotionally abusive relationship. 

I wish you all the best going forward and I'm happy you're sober. 

• True 1

1 hour ago, imsorry said:

As someone in recovery, I can appreciate where you're at.  I don't really know you and don't have any past experience to use for comparison, but you seem genuine in your efforts to take accountability and make amends, so I'll wish you the best in your growth and recovery.  The benefits of recovery are wonderful, but the process and work (in my experience) is marked by pain in taking responsibility for one's shortcomings and broken values.

With regard to the OP - imo, Failure is the way forward.  Failure is a far more potent and effective teacher than success will ever be, and I've long thought that the only people who never fail, are those who never try.

1 minute ago, GoldenTongue said:

As someone in recovery, I can appreciate where you're at.  I don't really know you and don't have any past experience to use for comparison, but you seem genuine in your efforts to take accountability and make amends, so I'll wish you the best in your growth and recovery.  The benefits of recovery are wonderful, but the process and work (in my experience) is marked by pain in taking responsibility for one's shortcomings and broken values.

With regard to the OP - imo, Failure is the way forward.  Failure is a far more potent and effective teacher than success will ever be, and I've long thought that the only people who never fail, are those who never try.

To quote Tony Soprano 

• Haha 1

On 4/29/2024 at 5:45 PM, sblfilms said:

It is a good thing, but it is even better to learn from somebody else's mistakes!

I learned from your mistake of defending JK Rowling. She recently came out as a holocaust denier by denying that trans were targeted by the Nazis. Not a good look to defend someone who ended up becoming a holocaust denier, SBL.

WWW.ERININTHEMORNING.COM

On Wednesday, JK Rowling implied that Nazis never targeted trans people in Germany, calling it "a fever dream." She doubled down when challenged with sources showing trans persecution in Nazi Germany.

15 hours ago, Kamusha said:

I learned from your mistake of defending JK Rowling. She recently came out as a holocaust denier by denying that trans were targeted by the Nazis. Not a good look to defend someone who ended up becoming a holocaust denier, SBL.

WWW.ERININTHEMORNING.COM

On Wednesday, JK Rowling implied that Nazis never targeted trans people in Germany, calling it "a fever dream." She doubled down when challenged with sources showing trans persecution in Nazi Germany.

Was trans even a thing during the Nazi reign? I mean you’re talking 1930’s and 40’s.