Is Nope worth a watch?

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

I really enjoyed Get out but never saw Us. 

I would watch Us first before Nope. His filmmaking becomes more surreal and slow with each passing film. Nope is a pretty slow-burn and sometimes existential affair. I think it's absolutely worth a watch (it's at times basically a modern western in some ways) though I'm not sure you specifically will like it, so I'd give Us a go first, which is less abstract an experience than Nope is.

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

I really liked Get Out, haven’t seen Us(own), but I enjoyed Nope. The movie has a few scenes that I don’t think were really needed but did help you understand/feel for some characters. Plus I really dug the look of everything and liked the opened up IMAX scenes being included on the 4K disc at least. The sound design is amazing/intense/creepy for especially a few scenes if you have the setup (creepier with Atmos) I say it’s worth a viewing at least and could probably see myself enjoying this more on a 2nd viewing.

• Hype 1

Nope is fine. I don’t think it’s as dumb or pointless or whatever as some people seemed to think it was, and I also don’t think it’s as smart or interesting or has as much to say as I assume Peele thinks it does. As a vibe it’s pretty good, it’s occasionally interesting, but I don’t know that I think it works. Probably worth seeing if you like thinking about movies, if you go to them to escape and be titillated… eh.

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

Nope is fine. I don’t think it’s as dumb or pointless or whatever as some people seemed to think it was, and I also don’t think it’s as smart or interesting or has as much to say as I assume Peele thinks it does. As a vibe it’s pretty good, it’s occasionally interesting, but I don’t know that I think it works. Probably worth seeing if you like thinking about movies, if you go to them to escape and be titillated… eh.

good way to describe it. movie is definitely a vibe and little else