The top doctor for CBP tried to order fentanyl lollipops for a helicopter mission in New York, whistleblowers say

WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

The whistleblowers also allege Dr. Alexander Eastman was already under investigation for trying to procure narcotics for a friend who worked as a chopper pilot for the border agency.

The chief medical officer for Customs and Border Protection pressured his staff to order fentanyl lollipops for him to take to the United Nations General Assembly meeting in New York in September, according to a whistleblower report sent to Congress on Friday. 

The whistleblowers said Dr. Alexander Eastman’s staff raised questions about why he would need to order fentanyl lollipops to take with him, and he answered that it was part of his duties to make sure that any injured CBP operators were cared for, making the argument that the lollipops would be necessary for pain management should an emergency occur.

“Eastman spent copious hours of his and Office of the Chief Medical Officer staff time directing the OCMO staff to urgently help him procure fentanyl lollipops, a Schedule II narcotic, so that he could bring them on the CBP Air and Marine Operations helicopter on which he would be a passenger in New York City,” the whistleblowers said in the report. “Dr. Eastman claims that his possession of fentanyl lollipops was necessary in case a CBP operator might be injured, or in case the CBP Air and Marine Operations team encountered a patient in need.” 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

Ah yes, the first line of pain management - fucking fentanyl.

Actually, when I got ran over that was what they used on me! Both immediately and then on the operating table. Through an inhaler thingy though not a lolipop - I don’t see how that would work as well. I fucking hated it.

30 minutes ago, stepee said:

Actually, when I got ran over that was what they used on me! Both immediately and then on the operating table. Through an inhaler thingy though not a lolipop - I don’t see how that would work as well. I fucking hated it.

You must have been fucked up!

I too have a fentanyl experience from when they reset my broken leg bones. For whatever reason the pain between the break and when I got to the hospital wasn't that bad, so I didn't accept any meds at all. They informed me that moving the bones back in place would be significantly more painful than just laying around so they gave me some fentanyl before they put everything back where it belonged. I barely felt anything despite them jerking shit around while it was being reset, I received a local injection and not a lollipop, another black mark on the hospital's customer service.

• Shocked 1

20 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I too have a fentanyl experience from when they reset my broken leg bones. For whatever reason the pain between the break and when I got to the hospital wasn't that bad, so I didn't accept any meds at all. They informed me that moving the bones back in place would be significantly more painful than just laying around so they gave me some fentanyl before they put everything back where it belonged. I barely felt anything despite them jerking shit around while it was being reset, I received a local injection and not a lollipop, another black mark on the hospital's customer service.

So how did it feel? The fentanyl I mean. 

51 minutes ago, best3444 said:

So how did it feel? The fentanyl I mean. 

I didn't really "feel" anything, I was mostly hyper fixated on watching them jerk my busted leg back into place and it really only feeling like someone had a slightly too-tight grip on my ankle for several moments.

• Halal 1

55 minutes ago, best3444 said:

So it didn't feel good at all? I wonder what the fuss is all about?

I mean it wasn’t the optimal condition to try it in I’m sure - but I was still left with the impression that there is no optimal condition. I imagine it’s a slow painful journey to get to the point where you would actively seek it out for recreational use.

6 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

I used to take Xanax and then break into abandoned houses. Or so I’m told.

Exactly. I'd completely black out from that shit. I was prescribed it just to be a little clearer but I obviously abused it. 

3 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Fentanyl is absolutely a first line treatment for pain in emergency settings. I give it all the time.

I’ve always wondered how the dosages given in this setting compare to what I was doing at the height of my addiction. In terms of mg I have literally no clue how much fentanyl I was actually doing at the time. I figure it was a shitload, as my opioid tolerance has been off the charts for years.

6 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Fentanyl is absolutely a first line treatment for pain in emergency settings. I give it all the time.

Must be a huge pain in the ass to get into full PPE every time you administer it, what with accidental proximity being potentially fatal and whatnot.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Uaarkson said:

I’ve always wondered how the dosages given in this setting compare to what I was doing at the height of my addiction. In terms of mg I have literally no clue how much fentanyl I was actually doing at the time. I figure it was a shitload, as my opioid tolerance has been off the charts for years.

The standard is 50-100 micrograms iv push with the ability to ramp up if the patient needs more.

3 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Must be a huge pain in the ass to get into full PPE every time you administer it, what with accidental proximity being potentially fatal and whatnot.

Only times I wear PPE are for meningitis, and bugs, fuck infestations. 😂

6 hours ago, Uaarkson said:

I used to take Xanax and then break into abandoned houses. Or so I’m told.

6 hours ago, best3444 said:

Exactly. I'd completely black out from that shit. I was prescribed it just to be a little clearer but I obviously abused it. 

Where I used to work there was a gentleman who called me up. He said that there were invisible guys in the hallway we were conversing in and that if you looked at this bottle he was holding you could see them in it. He was comfortable talking to me about it because I knew about the "technology" and he insisted we call the police because he wanted to talk to them about it. There was no way he would let this go so we did call the police and he was asking the police, "why are your men in the trees outside" and was pointing them out. The cops said, "Sir there is no one outside."

Turns out he was on some mix of Xanax and something else. 😬

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

What's the worst bug infestations you've seen before?

Hmmmm. Lice that were so big you could see them from outside the room and they legitimately were crawling all over the room.

The other would be someone completely infested with bedbugs and some other insect to the point when we cut their clothes off they basically exploded out of the clothes.

• Shocked 1

When I got my wisdom teeth removed, they gave me large doses of ibuprofen at first, but then my gums became so swollen they actually covered my back teeth.  Any time I moved my mouth I was actively chewing my gums, so they gave me more antibiotics and oxycodone.  I only took them until the swelling went away and it wasn’t a problem anymore.  I didn’t get any good feeling out of taking them other than the absence of pain, but it did make everything feel slightly off.  I had dumbbells in the basement that I could lift up and just feel nothing.  Not like I was stronger, I could see my arms have to work like normal but there was none of the effort or burn.  

6 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Where I used to work there was a gentleman who called me up. He said that there were invisible guys in the hallway we were conversing in and that if you looked at this bottle he was holding you could see them in it. He was comfortable talking to me about it because I knew about the "technology" and he insisted we call the police because he wanted to talk to them about it. There was no way he would let this go so we did call the police and he was asking the police, "why are your men in the trees outside" and was pointing them out. The cops said, "Sir there is no one outside."

Turns out he was on some mix of Xanax and something else. 😬

Xanax doesn't make you hallucinate or do anything you mentioned. It's the other shit he was on fucking him up.