Spec Ops: The Line gone from Steam and Xbox

finaljedi

I have this for Xbox 360, but haven’t played it. My entire Xbox 360 game collection is physical, and the games are complete on disc so I can play them offline without needing to download anything. Very few Xbox 360 games require patches or updates, they released when they were completely finished unlike a lot of games now.

23 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

I have this for Xbox 360, but haven’t played it. My entire Xbox 360 game collection is physical, and the games are complete on disc so I can play them offline without needing to download anything.

If you own this game digitally you can still download it.

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Sounds like it was because of music licensing and Take Two it too cheap to re-up.

I guess if you want to future proof your games have an original soundtrack.

Which I don't get. If you use a song in your own media product (TV show, game, movie) I thought you just paid a one time fee to use it so the original artist gets paid, so how is it I keep hearing of games getting pulled, but I never hear about movies getting pulled because of music licenses?

2 hours ago, Brick said:

Which I don't get. If you use a song in your own media product (TV show, game, movie) I thought you just paid a one time fee to use it so the original artist gets paid, so how is it I keep hearing of games getting pulled, but I never hear about movies getting pulled because of music licenses?

BSy.gif

No Stairway?  

3 hours ago, Brick said:

A 12-year license is cheaper than an in-perpetuity one.

There are lots of shows that have had their music redone for streaming (i.e. Dawson's Creek, X-Files, etc.)

11 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

If you own this game digitally you can still download it.

Oh ok, I was under the impression that it was being removed entirely including not being able to download it even if you had purchased it. Do you know if that has ever happened with any digital games before?

14 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

Oh ok, I was under the impression that it was being removed entirely including not being able to download it even if you had purchased it. Do you know if that has ever happened with any digital games before?

Not that I can think of off the top of my head. I think even the EShop on 3DS still allows you to download the games. @chakoo is that correct?

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Not that I can think of off the top of my head. I think even the EShop on 3DS still allows you to download the games. @chakoo is that correct?

It's insanely rare and I think there are a few instances (talking in general, not eShop) but yeah in 99.9% of the time if the content is delisted, it's not removed from the server and you still have access to it if you purchased it.

• Thanks 1