House of the Dragon: Season 2 (HBO | June 16) - Official Trailer

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to House of the Dragon: Season 2 (HBO, Summer 2024) - Official Teaser Trailer
  • 5 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to House of the Dragon: Season 2 (HBO | June 16) - Official Trailer
  • 1 month later...

Aegon the Based and his retinue of fuccbois.

Man, in retrospect it's wild how successfully they managed the time skip and getting new actors for two lead roles.

A solid season premiere for season 2, feeling like old Game of Thrones like season 1 did, which is more than enough for now for me. A lot of reminding us about everything and everyone and a lot of table setting for the rest of the season but it's all very compelling to see unfold. Even with few likable characters (I'm very much on team Black with Rhaenyra) the show is an easy watch and made at such a high level production wise.

• True 1

I haven't read the book so I don't know how it handles it, but it really feels like from the way the show presents everything it's absolutely impossible to be on team Green, and I wonder how intentional that is.

I love how they edit Daemon so that you're left to decide whether you think he did something monstrous or not. Like when the assassin was like "what if we can't find Aemond?" You're left to wonder whether the assassin took it upon himself to just kill another one or if Daemon told him to do it if he couldn't find Aemond. They did that a few times in season 1, too.

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

I love how they edit Daemon so that you're left to decide whether you think he did something monstrous or not. Like when the assassin was like "what if we can't find Aemond?" You're left to wonder whether the assassin took it upon himself to just kill another one or if Daemon told him to do it if he couldn't find Aemond. They did that a few times in season 1, too.

I fail to see how anyone did anything bad.

11 hours ago, Moa said:

I fail to see how anyone did anything bad.

You can kind of understand wanting to kill Aemond. Blood for blood. It's not right, but it's understandable. But if in response to "what if we can't find Aemond," he said "kill one of the infants, it's all the same," THAT is evil. I love how the show constantly shifts Daemon back and forth between valiant and evil. He's equal parts both.

• True 1

5 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

You can kind of understand wanting to kill Aemond. Blood for blood. It's not right, but it's understandable. But if in response to "what if we can't find Aemond," he said "kill one of the infants, it's all the same," THAT is evil. I love how the show constantly shifts Daemon back and forth between valiant and evil. He's equal parts both.

When you're equal parts valiant and evil, you're just evil. Daemon's a bad guy. He's an interesting character so we like watching him but he's done far too much heinous shit to ever be likeable or good. He murdered his first wife, who it seemed was a good person who understood his evil nature, and he murders her by first paralyzing her and then beating her to death with a large rock. 

Yeah, there ain't no coming back from that in terms of his character.

53 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

When you're equal parts valiant and evil, you're just evil. Daemon's a bad guy. He's an interesting character so we like watching him but he's done far too much heinous shit to ever be likeable or good. He murdered his first wife, who it seemed was a good person who understood his evil nature, and he murders her by first paralyzing her and then beating her to death with a large rock. 

But what if he’s a dashing guy with a lot of derring-do and a very cool cloak? 

• Haha 1

On 6/21/2024 at 10:32 AM, Greatoneshere said:

He's a bad guy until he decides his moral command aligns with yours (which isn't always a bad thing, it depends on which version of Daemon you're getting that day), and then there's no one you would rather have on your side. 

I believe in the books they describe his character like "it's often said every time a Targaryen is born, the gods decide whether the child is great or mad. In the case of Daemon, they decided on both."

11 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

He's a bad guy until he decides his moral command aligns with yours (which isn't always a bad thing, it depends on which version of Daemon you're getting that day), and then there's no one you would rather have on your side. 

I believe in the books they describe his character like "it's often said every time a Targaryen is born, the gods decide whether the child is great or mad. In the case of Daemon, they decided on both."

I'd rather have a lot of other people on my side before hot headed Daemon Targaryen, who has a bad tendency to flout the chain of command and make things worse as opposed to better. Not sure where you're getting that Daemon is someone you'd want on your side despite his terrible morality. He's a wild card that you can't account for. I would take Davos, Jon Snow, Tyrion, etc. long before Daemon.

5 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I'd rather have a lot of other people on my side before hot headed Daemon Targaryen, who has a bad tendency to flout the chain of command and make things worse as opposed to better. Not sure where you're getting that Daemon is someone you'd want on your side despite his terrible morality. He's a wild card that you can't account for. I would take Davos, Jon Snow, Tyrion, etc. long before Daemon.

Didn't say I would want him on my side necessarily. Just pushing back on saying he's evil.

1 minute ago, Fizzzzle said:

Didn't say I would want him on my side necessarily. Just pushing back on saying he's evil.

Are you pushing back on saying he's evil by saying he can also be competent? They aren't mutually exclusive. :p I may be misunderstanding you though.

51 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

so did the twin kill himself because what happened happened on his watch or because she wouldnt have trusted he was the "good" one? 

A bit of the former and he did kill his own twin.

I was just lamenting the predictable progress from Larys being like "UwU make me hand" to Aegon removing Otto, but as that complaint entered my head he made crispin hand lmao.

So... that kid's head was supposed to fall off wasn't it?

7 hours ago, Firewithin said:

so did the twin kill himself because what happened happened on his watch or because she wouldnt have trusted he was the "good" one? 

He killed himself because he killed his brother and they were "one soul in two bodies". I don't think her not trusting him was a factor.

• Haha 1