Taco Bell -- the only legitimate restaurant in the world -- is gaining ground as people look to save on food

Commissar SFLUFAN

DEMOLITION MAN WAS PROPHETIC!

WWW.CNN.COM

With interest rates high, student loan repayments back and elevated prices of consumer goods, many Americans are pulling back on spending. But not at Taco Bell.

With interest rates high, student loan repayments back and elevated prices of consumer goods, many Americans are pulling back on spending. But not at Taco Bell.

The fast food chain, which has long emphasized its cheap eats, said that unlike some of its competitors, it’s been seeing growth across all income levels as customers flock to its value deals and trade down from pricier options.

In the US, Taco Bell is seeing 2-3% growth in the number of orders “across all income levels,” said David Gibbs, CEO of Taco Bell’s parent company Yum Brands, during an analyst call Wednesday discussing the company’s third quarter financial results. Yum Brands also owns KFC, Pizza Hut and the Habit Burger Grill.

“So our stores in lower-income trade areas are performing well … just like our stores in high-income trade areas,” he said. Sales at Taco Bell’s US stores open at least a year jumped 8% in the third quarter, year over year.

• Halal 1

I wish I actually liked Taco Bell. I didn't hate what I got from there when I tried out a few of their menu items. I thought the grilled cheese steak burrito was pretty good and very filling for the value, but I just never really went back. When it comes to fast food, I'm mostly interested in types of fried chicken and pizza.