MS reorganizes its Xbox and marketing teams to "prepare for an AI and gaming future"

Commissar SFLUFAN

WWW.THEVERGE.COM

A big shake-up ready for Activision Blizzard and the future of AI.

Microsoft is reorganizing its Xbox gaming and marketing leadership, less than two weeks after acquiring Activision Blizzard. Microsoft is promoting Matt Booty to president of game content and studios, including the new responsibility of ZeniMax, and Sarah Bond to Xbox president, overseeing all Xbox platform and hardware work. On the marketing side, chief marketing officer Chris Capossela is stepping down after 32 years at Microsoft.

The Xbox changes mean Booty will now lead an expanded organization inside Microsoft Gaming that now includes ZeniMax and Bethesda. “ZeniMax will continue to operate as a limited integration entity led by Jamie Leder, President and CEO, reporting to Matt,” explains Microsoft Gaming CEO Phil Spencer in an internal memo obtained by The Verge.

Booty’s expanded role should help Microsoft Gaming avoid scenarios like Redfall in the future, with Microsoft clearly focusing on better collaboration between the teams it acquired with the ZeniMax / Bethesda acquisition.

The memo from Phil can be found here:

WWW.THEVERGE.COM

The Xbox chief details the key gaming leadership changes at Microsoft.

Microsoft announced some big changes to its Xbox and marketing leadership today. Sarah Bond is being promoted to Xbox president, leading all Xbox platform and hardware work. Matt Booty is now the president of game content and studios, including overseeing Bethesda and ZeniMax studios.

Microsoft Gaming CEO Phil Spencer sent an internal memo to Xbox employees today, detailing all the key changes. The Verge has obtained Spencer’s memo, and you can read it in full below:

The new organizational structure:

image001.png

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
WWW.THEVERGE.COM

WWW.THEVERGE.COM

image001.png

Looking at "Stuart" and "Silverman" makes me wonder if this was generated by AI 

:notsure:

8 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
WWW.THEVERGE.COM

WWW.THEVERGE.COM

image001.png

I hope this is like when Facebook renamed itself Meta 

18 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

F8Uk5IGWkAAkqm7?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I suspect we see Call of Duty move to an every two year release schedule and some of those developers get to work on other IP's to avoid CoD consumer burnout (and also because they won't have to release the non-CoD games on other systems). Would be great if they got the license to release the High Moon Transformer games on Gamepass and for fucks sakes let Vicarious Visions do their own thing again.

3 hours ago, DPCyric said:

I suspect we see Call of Duty move to an every two year release schedule and some of those developers get to work on other IP's to avoid CoD consumer burnout (and also because they won't have to release the non-CoD games on other systems). Would be great if they got the license to release the High Moon Transformer games on Gamepass and for fucks sakes let Vicarious Visions do their own thing again.

It would be nice if they would. I’ve been on an every two year thing with CoD for a while now.  I need that year break between each one. 

• 2 weeks later...
WWW.GAMESRADAR.COM

Microsoft's recent announcement has made the industry's future look bleak for voice actors

Elias Toufexis, who is mainly known for their role as Adam Jensen in the Deus Ex series and Sam Coe in Starfield, has tweeted their frustration over Microsoft's announcement, saying: "I've said it for years now. If you want to start a voice-acting career, don't bother." The actor continues: "All those jobs of nameless background NPCs that gave us all our start in the industry… they're all going away. I'm already bitter."

6 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:
WWW.GAMESRADAR.COM

Microsoft's recent announcement has made the industry's future look bleak for voice actors

As I mentioned in @CastletonSnob's thread about the Inworld AI deal, with this technology, the interactions with the NPCs in future Bethesda RPGs are gonna be truly something "special" in the future :daydream: 

• Like 1