Unicorn Overlord (ATLUS and Vanillaware Tactical RPG) | Coming to Switch, Xbox, & Playstation | March 8, 2024 (Demo Available Now)

Keyser_Soze

8 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

FWIW, this game is very time-sensitive friendly. Battles don’t take very long and you can manually save anytime.

Eh? Battles feel like they are an hour long to me. Maybe you just skip all the battle sequences.

11 hours ago, DPCyric said:

Don't have a Switch :whistlin: Maybe this is my excuse to buy one though :thinking: 

I don't mind sending it to you but don't want to put you in more debt to play it. Maybe lets see if it goes on sale soon and I can get you a copy for your platform of choice (providing it's not PC where it doesn't exist).

5 hours ago, Brian said:

I have started to skip battle sequences unless it’s a boss. Since it’s an auto-battler, I don’t need feel the need to watch it play out. 

Yeah, if the preview shows it’s a blowout, I just skip it. If it’s a closer fight, I’ll watch to see what’s happening so that I can plan accordingly. 

15 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Eh? Battles feel like they are an hour long to me. Maybe you just skip all the battle sequences.

I skip some of them.

Speaking of which, just finished the side quest that added Berenice to my army. Hope that was the right choice.

5 hours ago, chakoo said:

I don't mind sending it to you but don't want to put you in more debt to play it. Maybe lets see if it goes on sale soon and I can get you a copy for your platform of choice (providing it's not PC where it doesn't exist).

I have a Series X but I'm barely going to be home. What I am thinking is there are parts of the day that is slow and I work in a different city than I live in I could play a Switch if I was waiting for work :thinking:

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

Not worth it. Switch 2 is a year away now. 

Which I've been waiting on but it looks like there won't be an OLED model </3

11 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Yea we won't see an OLED Switch 2 until 2028ish probably. 

Switch 2 releases.

Three months later OLED Switch 2 is announced.

Seven months later the OLED Switch 2 PRO is introduced.

Nintendo playing chess not checkers.

15 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Switch 2 releases.

Three months later OLED Switch 2 is announced.

Seven months later the OLED Switch 2 PRO is introduced.

Nintendo playing chess not checkers.

Na. I know you're joking but Nintendo will just release the LCD Switch 2 and ride that for at least 3 years before an OLED version is released. And Nintendo doesn't do pro consoles. 

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

Nintendo doesn't do pro consoles. 

True-ish…does the Expansion Pak on the N64 count as a “Pro?” Haha probably not but it’s the closest thing!

That said, they have done “Pro” handhelds many times in the past. Kinda weird that Switch didn’t have one. (Or maybe it was going to but chip supplies were too low, so we just got the OLED model instead?)

And I know, everyone thinks the Switch is a console, but look at that thing. It’s a damn handheld with a TV dock, lol 

• True 1
  • Halal 1

18 hours ago, best3444 said:

Yea we won't see an OLED Switch 2 until 2028ish probably. 

Hmm, but maybe if I'm going to be using it in my car during the day mostly an LCD would be better anyways :thinking:

26 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Man I haven't played this for a week and I'm still further than that. :p

I think I may try to get back into this. I don't wanna burn myself out on DD2 before the performance patch hits, so maybe this and princess peach? 🤔

Aren’t you playing on PC? I thought it already came out for PS5 and PC. I’m still waiting for fucking Xbox. 

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

Aren’t you playing on PC? I thought it already came out for PS5 and PC. I’m still waiting for fucking Xbox. 

No that was just the patch that outlined whatever it said before. They said a performance patch would come later.

On 3/31/2024 at 12:16 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

Man I haven't played this for a week and I'm still further than that. :p

This game is going to take me a while to get through. Mostly because I’m an idiot when it comes to my gaming time management. I’m currently juggling three RPGs at once right now so it’s making progress a um, slow process. :coffee:

• Sicko 1

On 3/31/2024 at 11:58 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

Played a battle, took an hour like I said. Won the battle, got Monica,  still know how to play etc. :p

since it’s an auto battler, it makes it pretty easy to pick back up after a period of time away. 

I will say the story and characters are doing nothing for me which is surprising because I really like the story and characters in 13 Sentinels. Having said that, I am all in on recruiting Amalia. 

• Hype 1

1 hour ago, Brian said:

since it’s an auto battler, it makes it pretty easy to pick back up after a period of time away. 

I will say the story and characters are doing nothing for me which is surprising because I really like the story and characters in 13 Sentinels. Having said that, I am all in on recruiting Amalia. 

Maybe the story picks up after you get 100 characters and then they say, "story starts now!" :p

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Maybe the story picks up after you get 100 characters and then they say, "story starts now!" :p

I’m Ashing the fuck out of this game.

Murdering kids? That’s cool. Join the liberation

Poisoning towns? No problem. Welcome aboard

You murdered my mother? No one liked her. Here’s our uniform 

• True 1

I unlocked advance classes which gives Alain

Spoiler

A horse to ride on the overworld. Make’s traversing much easier and quicker especially since you need to look in every nook and cranny for items. 

• Hype 1

Freed Elheim and Drakenhold. My opinion remains the same. I enjoy the combat though I do skip battle animations quite a bit to save time. The story is bland. The characters aren’t great. It’s understandable due to the large quantity of them. Overall, I like the game but I wouldn’t put this above 13 Sentinels. 

One of the reasons I don't skip battles, though rare, you may be in a disadvantageous battle where you might take some damage. The game only shows you the damage numbers, you have to watch the battle to see what happened, maybe one guy in the formation dies.

But then I guess you could say you could skip and see someone died as well so 🤷‍♀️ I suppose.

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

One of the reasons I don't skip battles, though rare, you may be in a disadvantageous battle where you might take some damage. The game only shows you the damage numbers, you have to watch the battle to see what happened, maybe one guy in the formation dies.

But then I guess you could say you could skip and see someone died as well so 🤷‍♀️ I suppose.

I don’t skip the harder fights because I do enjoy watching the action but there are maps where the enemies throw a ton of trash mobs at you. I have no desire to sit through all the animations.

Also I don’t do many changes on the fly. I typically adjust units after the mission if I see an issue.  

I wish there was an option to hide mercenaries. It’s annoying to sift through the whole roster plus mercenaries. You need them to station at the towns but I never want to use them in the actual game.