Which car are all the bad drivers going to purchase now?

GeneticBlueprint

37 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Bad drivers all buy disgustingly huge trucks, call them "rigs", and then never use them for anything other than hauling groceries and killing kids in crosswalks.

Listen, dammit, I had a 16 year old who barely had her license a week, had never driven in this city before hit my in my truck coming off the interstate back in May. Only just got my truck fixed a couple weeks ago. 

And she was driving an Altima, lmao 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hugs 1

image.png

However, the Altima is often ascribed a more chaotic personality out on the roads, and the model and its drivers have become a popular subject of automotive memes.

This reputation has grown out of a basic reality that some Altimas do end up in wild and dangerous situations. We saw a great example earlier this year when a Nissan Altima ramped off a parked tow truck and flew 120 feet in the air before slamming into another Nissan Altima. Oh, and the driver wasn't wearing a seatbelt.

• Sicko Sherman 1

3 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

Bad drivers all buy disgustingly huge trucks, call them "rigs", and then never use them for anything other than hauling groceries and killing kids in crosswalks.

I don’t love big trucks but everybody around here drives them and I find them actually to be right in the middle of the bad-good spectrum in terms of driving ability and courtesy. 

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Prius still exist so bad drivers will be around.

This.

I hate that car, also fiat drivers. How the smallest cars on the road are always the ones to nearly take me out when I’m on my motorcycle is something we need to study.

50 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

This.

I hate that car, also fiat drivers. How the smallest cars on the road are always the ones to nearly take me out when I’m on my motorcycle is something we need to study.

Might be a visibility issue, with them being so low to the ground? Also, I don't know how the newer ones are, but my old-ass Prius (2007) has pretty terrible blind spots with the A-pillars. 

4 hours ago, Nokra said:

Might be a visibility issue, with them being so low to the ground? Also, I don't know how the newer ones are, but my old-ass Prius (2007) has pretty terrible blind spots with the A-pillars. 

Maybe all I know is most of my near misses have been with those cars. So now I’m way more defensive around them or conversely way more aggressive to get away from them.

Just now, TUFKAK said:

Maybe not then. lol

Last thing we need is them taking their eyes off the road more than they already do!

Audi connect | Audi USA

Audi Virtual Cockpit | Audi Atlanta

On a semi-serious note, I'd argue that this plus a HUD helps do the opposite as you don't need to look down and to the right to see your GPS and can just glance.

Ok, that isn't as bad as I was imagining. I am definitely not as up to date with current releases as I used to be. After I bought the Giulia I sort've fell off the map on car culture honestly. And my next car will be a used 911 so definitely won't be having this tech.

2 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Ok, that isn't as bad as I was imagining. I am definitely not as up to date with current releases as I used to be. After I bought the Giulia I sort've fell off the map on car culture honestly. And my next car will be a used 911 so definitely won't be having this tech.

That actually depends what year your 911 is! 

Porsche Advanced Cockpit Panamera review | CAR Magazine

You should see the shit Mercedes is doing - the headlights actually project fucking holograms onto the road to warn other drivers of hazards it detects

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

You should see the shit Mercedes is doing - the headlights actually project fucking holograms onto the road to warn other drivers of hazards it detects

Oh, and they have augmented reality available in their windshields: 

Mercedes-Benz S-Class sedan has augmented reality windshield | Daily Mail  Online

CES 2019: AR Navigation Overlays Directions Onto Roads | Digital Trends

(It's more 3D-ish with depth in person)