BEEF STICKS

stepee

22 minutes ago, stepee said:

of coursssse these aren’t on Amazon but I ordered them off some other site. I assume you are supposed to eat one of each at the same time, alternating bites 

That isn't totally necessary but it is a legitimate way to eat them.

38 minutes ago, stepee said:

I’ve had these a lot because they were the only sticks at the place I was shopping at for awhile and they are totally serviceable but also to me just aggressively OK

You may very well be right and I may have been woefully underserved in the meat stick game. It's just that everywhere I've shopped for meat sticks, the options are tillamook, old country smoker, or slim jims

• Sad 1

Yeah, that top one is pretty dark looking. While I enjoy a super moist and soft jerky, like something from Bridgford, that old "gas station" jerky that was out in the 90s and early 00s was godly. It's pretty dry and tough, but man it never ran out of flavor. It was like chewing tobacco for kids lol. Like, you CAN'T just sit there and chow down. It is a process.

I also miss the early days when I feel beef jerky was getting big. There were these rectangular thin slabs of jerky, often at the checkout. They were actually pretty wide and long and weren't very expensive. They came in red packaging too. I loved that shit.

I blame Jack Link's for what modern jerky has become.

• True 1

I just tried out the old trapper beef sticks.

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcTN9_vzXj3TxdDb1Ckbm

They aren't anything special. They are fine, but like, if there was ever a default flavor of beef stick, it would be the old trapper brand. I think Slim Jims have a better flavor. Disappointing showing from the best brand of jerky you can find in most stores.

10 hours ago, Bacon said:

I just tried out the old trapper beef sticks.

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcTN9_vzXj3TxdDb1Ckbm

They aren't anything special. They are fine, but like, if there was ever a default flavor of beef stick, it would be the old trapper brand. I think Slim Jims have a better flavor. Disappointing showing from the best brand of jerky you can find in most stores.

Honestly I think these kind of straight suck. Also maybe you are even right about it being the best jerky brand in most stores but man is it not even CLOSE still to the good stuff. You should try ordering some Montana Bananas from Amazon, it’s not much actually.

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Honestly I think these kind of straight suck. Also maybe you are even right about it being the best jerky brand in most stores but man is it not even CLOSE still to the good stuff. You should try ordering some Montana Bananas from Amazon, it’s not much actually.

I thought about it, but it's 15 bucks with shipping (no prime) and it's only 3.25 oz. For 11-13 bucks you can get 10 oz of old trapper which is good enough. Like at 15 bucks for 3.25 oz I'd rather just wait and get that pound of the good stuff.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

If I buy beef sticks today should I put one up my butthole? I never ate one but I feel sticking it up my dirty butthole would be the appropriate thing to do. IDK.

You’ve never eaten a beef stick? That’s more shocking than the sticking it up your butthole part.