Remember when fizzle left for a couple years

stepee

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

no

it's hard for me to notice when people are gone and I tend to forget people too easily

I just had an idea of a joke post where I would  be like pick a number between 1-5 and I’ll pm it to fizzle and if you get it right I’ll buy you BG3. And all at once it hit me like a storm what gross ass weird toying shit that sounds like so I just sent it.

I will say you won because you edged me to the point of that idea of a post

• Hype 1

Just now, Bacon said:

Wow, I win when I'm not even playing. And I would have picked 4 cuz I always pick 4 when I can.

See, it was going to be 2, so I would have felt like the biggest asshole. I try to think nothing had to change with who I am, but I can def see how some toxicity could come into effect and definitely want to avoid it. 

Like I wont ever try to pretend to be anything but grateful for the position Im in right now compared to how it could have been. I’m super happy and positive and thankful. I’m not going to rant about mo money mo problems. BUT there is a little bit of adjustment for someone in my position that you really got to do yourself and there is a change in how you can relate to people.

Like picture even one of the first things in a conversation, what do you do? I either have to go through this whole damn thing which I really shouldn’t or lie to the person essentially. There’s just stuff to navigate through that can be difficult. 

Anyway, it worked out because I actually do want to see your impressions on this one 

Just now, Bacon said:

I do kinda feel bad for getting all this stuff over other people. Feels like I'm just takin' up the generosity.

na it’s usually because I just like your write ups so you are an easy person to want to gift lol

• Thanks 1

Just now, Bacon said:

I wouldn't have felt like you were an asshole tho. I would have posted this and kept on begging :lol:

lol I know, it’s not that I think you’d be petty or something, it’s just a personal thing where I want to check myself 

• Halal 1

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

Like picture even one of the first things in a conversation, what do you do? I either have to go through this whole damn thing which I really shouldn’t or lie to the person essentially. There’s just stuff to navigate through that can be difficult. 

And I have no idea what this means if you want to clarify.

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

And I have no idea what this means if you want to clarify.

Oh sorry, yeah I can. I wrote that in a way that only makes sense if you have context. I’m quite high on sativa atm (from beautiful canada). 

So what I mean by this is say, I get into an uber, you make small talk, right? At some point they ask what you do. In my position, what I do is i’m retired and am able to do whatever I want. You can’t just drop that bomb on someone. You have to explain the entire thing, which some of it I can’t, because of what I signed. But I don’t have a regular job I can use as an answer. And it’s not a good idea to tell people irl my situation for obvious reasons. Especially strangers. So then it’s almost like all you can do is make something up, pretend I still have my old job. I might try to come up with some way of saying it like I do “investments” but this question seems to come up very quick in any conversation and i right now I don’t have a good answer.

1 minute ago, stepee said:

So what I mean by this is say, I get into an uber, you make small talk, right? At some point they ask what you do. In my position, what I do is i’m retired and am able to do whatever I want. You can’t just drop that bomb on someone. You have to explain the entire thing

You do? I wouldn't think it's anyone's business. I guess you mean that it's odd that someone at your age is retired and I would just say "shit happened and here I am." Like, could see myself saying something like "I'm play video games for a living and I'm on vacation right now." Not true, but you do play video games.

Just now, Bacon said:

You do? I wouldn't think it's anyone's business. I guess you mean that it's odd that someone at your age is retired and I would just say "shit happened and here I am." Like, could see myself saying something like "I'm play video games for a living and I'm on vacation right now." Not true, but you do play video games.

Well, that’s what I mean. You don’t have to, but people get curious and they ask. But also I like to try to not lie to people and to be honest, but now you kinda can’t. Like, this is the biggest first world problem to ever first world problem but anyway all I mean is it’s super important for me right now I think to check myself and make sure I stay grounded and treat people right 

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

Well, that’s what I mean. You don’t have to, but people get curious and they ask. But also I like to try to not lie to people and to be honest, but now you kinda can’t. Like, this is the biggest first world problem to ever first world problem but anyway all I mean is it’s super important for me right now I think to check myself and make sure I stay grounded and treat people right 

I mean, it's not a lie to say you don't won't to or cannot talk about it. I feel like that is on them if they start to badger you. That isn't you acting like you are above people. It's great that you want to check yourself early but don't bury yourself to ensure your feet stay on the ground.

• Hugs 1

11 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I mean, it's not a lie to say you don't won't to or cannot talk about it. I feel like that is on them if they start to badger you. That isn't you acting like you are above people. It's great that you want to check yourself early but don't bury yourself to ensure your feet stay on the ground.

I appreciate that. It’s not that they are badgering though, it’s just a natural thing I think. I could also just make it real easy and be like “TRUST FUND BITCHHHHH” and then make it rain with twenty one dollar bills 

• True 1

You guys missed my coke years. I pretty much spent like 2015-2018 twacked out. I think I only made like 2 posts here during that time and they were both coked out ramblings after I had been up for like 3 days straight. Thankfully they don't exist anymore, I probably said some wild shit.

5 hours ago, stepee said:

Oh sorry, yeah I can. I wrote that in a way that only makes sense if you have context. I’m quite high on sativa atm (from beautiful canada). 

So what I mean by this is say, I get into an uber, you make small talk, right? At some point they ask what you do. In my position, what I do is i’m retired and am able to do whatever I want. You can’t just drop that bomb on someone. You have to explain the entire thing, which some of it I can’t, because of what I signed. But I don’t have a regular job I can use as an answer. And it’s not a good idea to tell people irl my situation for obvious reasons. Especially strangers. So then it’s almost like all you can do is make something up, pretend I still have my old job. I might try to come up with some way of saying it like I do “investments” but this question seems to come up very quick in any conversation and i right now I don’t have a good answer.

don’t overthink it. For most, it is small talk in the hope of a better tip.

“I used to work IT.  Now that the pandemic is over and companies are forcing people back to the office, no need for as much IT so I got laid off. Decided I needed a break so I’m traveling a bit”.  If you don’t want to lie out right, you can remove “so I got laid off” and the person will assume it anyway. 

• Like 1

Sounds like a pleasant Uber ride. A month or so ago I took a complimentary lyft, my first time, and all the guy could talk about is how they don't get paid for those types of rides and how terrible the company is and which passengers he didn't want to pick up.

I gave the guy a tip and a 5 star rating.

8 hours ago, Bacon said:

no

it's hard for me to notice when people are gone and I tend to forget people too easily

I’ll never forget you. :batting:

8 hours ago, stepee said:

I just had an idea of a joke post where I would  be like pick a number between 1-5 and I’ll pm it to fizzle and if you get it right I’ll buy you BG3. And all at once it hit me like a storm what gross ass weird toying shit that sounds like so I just sent it.

I will say you won because you edged me to the point of that idea of a post

I’m edging you right now so you can send FF16 to me, appreciate it love you forever <3 

• Sicko Sherman 1

22 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Sounds like a pleasant Uber ride. A month or so ago I took a complimentary lyft, my first time, and all the guy could talk about is how they don't get paid for those types of rides and how terrible the company is and which passengers he didn't want to pick up.

I gave the guy a tip and a 5 star rating.

Well yeah, I’m in Canada.

• True 1

9 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I’ll never forget you. :batting:

I feel like I would notice absences now since I am more involved outside of the gaming boards where long-gone members are brought up more. That and the smaller user base. Still, there was someone, forgot who, who hasn't been posting as much and I never noticed. It wasn't until someone else @'d them that I was like "oh yeah, that guy".

Oh, and there was someone who was banned like last year who had been a long-time member. I don't even know who they were despite interacting with them. I want it to say it was Nextgen or something like that but even if that's right I can't recall an interaction I had with them.

10 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

You guys missed my coke years. I pretty much spent like 2015-2018 twacked out. I think I only made like 2 posts here during that time and they were both coked out ramblings after I had been up for like 3 days straight. Thankfully they don't exist anymore, I probably said some wild shit.

damnnnn i would love to read those

edit: glad you aren’t on a coke binge anymore tho cuz health and all

• Hugs 1