Think of the Children.

230719125132-01-italy-lesbian-mothers-bi
EDITION.CNN.COM

The northern Italian city of Padua has started removing the names of non-biological gay mothers from their children’s birth certificates under new legislation passed by the “traditional...

I legit just met my niece yesterday, she has two moms.

Fuck you again Giorgia you bigoted fuck.

• Guillotine 4

1 hour ago, unogueen said:

There is no core human tradition. Tradition just evokes a simpler time because you were a fucking kid with very little on the line.

Tradition is core to the human condition so humans can’t be conditioned to tradition without repetition. And if you get some commission to squash the opposition I hope you are in the position to finish the mission into submission.

• Like 1
  • Sicko 1

I can see how this is a little more complicated. I'm sure the motivations for this were terrible, but what happens if a gay couple breaks up a month after the kid is born? That other person doesn't really have a biological tie to the child at all, they may never even see the kid ever again... who knows... but they will be on the birth certificate forever?

I know this is an outlier, and I'm 1000% in favor of gay people having kids, but I can see how it's not exactly completely straightforward on how to handle the legal bureaucracy that goes with having a kid.

If a straight woman gets pregnant and then marries someone other than the biological father... does the new guy get his name on the birth certificate?

1 minute ago, ort said:

I can see how this is a little more complicated. I'm sure the motivations for this were terrible, but what happens if a gay couple breaks up a month after the kid is born? That other person doesn't really have a biological tie to the child at all, they may never even see the kid ever again... who knows... but they will be on the birth certificate forever?

I know this is an outlier, and I'm 1000% in favor of gay people having kids, but I can see how it's not exactly completely straightforward on how to handle the legal bureaucracy that goes with having a kid.

How is this any different than the baby daddy going off the grid after knocking a woman up? 

7 hours ago, Jason said:

How is this any different than the baby daddy going off the grid after knocking a woman up? 

Especially because for a same sex couple, it is much more challenging to have a kid, they worked for that. Whereas a straight couple could be as simple as he didn’t pull out fast enough.

My niece was wanted, they went through so much to get her, meanwhile I gave several “opps” second cousins.

On 7/22/2023 at 11:27 AM, Captain Pickle said:

Lol mother Teresa and her “I’ll take all the babies “ would have been so fucked

Maybe don’t ise her as an example of a good person. She certainly wasn’t a leftist in any way whatsoever. Mostly, she was a christian extremist. Sure, she worked with children and the sick, and she also abused them in many ways. She’s exactly the type of person the right wing likes. Forced baptisms, withholding proper medical care, all kinds of awful stuff she was responsible for.

• Halal 1

9 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Maybe don’t ise her as an example of a good person. She certainly wasn’t a leftist in any way whatsoever. Mostly, she was a christian extremist. Sure, she worked with children and the sick, and she also abused them in many ways. She’s exactly the type of person the right wing likes. Forced baptisms, withholding proper medical care, all kinds of awful stuff she was responsible for.

That was the joke. I wasn’t using her as an example of a good person. She’s an example of a person the people who made this law adore

On 7/22/2023 at 4:01 PM, ort said:

If a straight woman gets pregnant and then marries someone other than the biological father... does the new guy get his name on the birth certificate?

230217-kris-williams-custody-mn-1230-86f
WWW.GOOGLE.COM

The boy’s biological mother and sperm donor, who are now dating, are the child’s...