What TV do you game on? Are you happy with it?

Nokra

Tonight I connected my desktop (AMD 3900x  CPU and 3070 Ti GPU) to my new TV and started using Steam's "Big Picture Mode". I know Big Picture Mode has been out for ages (2012, apparently) but I've never had a TV before which was better than my PC monitors so I've never used it. 

Holy. Shit.

This is a whole new world. :shock:

Damn this TV is sweet. 

• Halal 1
  • Hype 1

11 hours ago, Nokra said:

Tonight I connected my desktop (AMD 3900x  CPU and 3070 Ti GPU) to my new TV and started using Steam's "Big Picture Mode". I know Big Picture Mode has been out for ages (2012, apparently) but I've never had a TV before which was better than my PC monitors so I've never used it. 

Holy. Shit.

This is a whole new world. :shock:

Damn this TV is sweet. 

I’ve been pc gaming on tv since the late 90s (which is why it’s especially funny to me when the comfy couch argument STILL comes up) and now is definitely a great time to join in! You get the benefit of instant response time, low latency, high refresh rate, full gsync certified and insane contrast with the size and hdr brightness advantages of a tv and it’s just the best of all worlds.

On 6/13/2023 at 6:45 PM, stepee said:

It’s freaking incredible and I love it so much

Their stunning TV's and fantastic to game on. I have a 65" LGCx in my game room and a 83" LGC1 in my Home theater room. We are consistently impressed by both TV's both in watching TV content, 4k movies and especially gaming. YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED! 

• Hype 2

• 3 weeks later...
9650cef8ce2aaed255cdd7db8ebe8e5e721a2e3e
STEALTHOPTIONAL.COM

New LG TVs will be hyper focused on being the best gaming TVs on the market for Xbox Series X, PS5 and PC.

LG would be one of the first to support Nvidia GeForce Now at 4K resolution,” Dumalo said. “[Furthermore, we offer] 0.1 millisecond response time, we support G-SYNC, FreeSync, VRR, and Dolby Atmos.

New LG TVs will be powered by the new 6th generation Alpha 9 AI processor. An upgraded chip over the prior generation, the TV SoC will be able to provide better image upscaling, better image processing, faster UI speeds, crisper audio and more.

• Hype 1

On 6/14/2023 at 10:06 AM, sblfilms said:

Get whatever you can afford and not feel bad about the better thing coming along next year 😂

THIS!!

I bought my LGC1 83" almost 2 years ago and it was over $4700 bucks. The no tax here in oregon helped with the decision along with the BB Rewards certificates totalling $200. Get what you can afford, we are in total awe all the time watching hd blu-rays-just HD TV. They are INCREDIBLE pictures and the Gaming tech built in is the toping on the cake. Just great TV's. Crazy to know mine is almost 2 years old already ;)

Also mine is in a pretty bright room too and it's really stunning even in mid day with a window directly adjacent to it. We have blackout curtains in the living room but up hi is a halfmoon shaped window with a sill with 5 huge fern on it. The tv is mounted 3 feet up on the wall {bottom of the tv} tilted at an slight angle that totally removes the window from the screen with no reflection. Without the tilt it would have been pretty comical staring at the window!! It all worked out as I had it pictured along with the 7.2.4 all SVS Dolby atmos surround system that pounds the room when needed :D

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nokra said:

My G3 is directly opposite a south-facing window and it's still brilliant. Loving this TV! :daydream:

OH

Be careful if there’s direct sunlight hitting the screen - LG warns about it in the manual iirc. If it’s hitting from an angle it’s usually fine, but direct on can do something funky to the internals iirc.

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

@Mr.Vic20 Imagine how much nicer it will be this time diving into 8k with 5000 or 6000 series gpus with dlss3 vs trying to run AC Unity at 4k on a 1080!

Yes! Most of the concern will be with the feature set of the 8K TV and not the GPU. Also, I really need my 8K to be OLED, 65" form factor, and not have a potato for an onboard CPU. 

Just now, Mr.Vic20 said:

Yes! Most of the concern will be with the feature set of the 8K TV and not the GPU. Also, I really need my 8K to be OLED, 65" form factor, and not have a potato for an onboard CPU. 

Yeah I just want an affordable 8k LG oled essentially at this point. Same thing just 8k. I’m also fine with sticking with 65” for now, though could see going 77” if the price isn’t still insane for that in a couple years.

• Halal 1

3 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I want micro LED so badly for 8k - I want the screen so bright that my retinas burn :angry-fap-small:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

OH

Be careful if there’s direct sunlight hitting the screen - LG warns about it in the manual iirc. If it’s hitting from an angle it’s usually fine, but direct on can do something funky to the internals iirc.

Fortunately it's far enough away from the window that it's safe from direct sunlight. I guess it's about the anti-glare coating? Or maybe they're thinking the MLA lenses will focus the sunlight and fry the pixels? :thinking:

8 minutes ago, Nokra said:

Fortunately it's far enough away from the window that it's safe from direct sunlight. I guess it's about the anti-glare coating? Or maybe they're thinking the MLA lenses will focus the sunlight and fry the pixels? :thinking:

I honestly forget what the issue is, but it’s noted in the manuals. It’s for all of LGs OLEDs so it’s not the MLA tech. I think that it can cause permanent color and/or grayscale banding. I remember some reddit posts about people putting their new C1 or C2 in a sun room and it was f’d in barely a week. :lol:

To clarify, by “direct sunlight” it means the sun is literally reflecting off the TV through the window, not just that there’s light from a window 

• Thanks 1

On 7/18/2023 at 12:20 PM, Spork3245 said:

I honestly forget what the issue is, but it’s noted in the manuals. It’s for all of LGs OLEDs so it’s not the MLA tech. I think that it can cause permanent color and/or grayscale banding. I remember some reddit posts about people putting their new C1 or C2 in a sun room and it was f’d in barely a week. :lol:

To clarify, by “direct sunlight” it means the sun is literally reflecting off the TV through the window, not just that there’s light from a window 

Ah OK thanks, good to know. Fortunately it's not getting direct sunlight so hopefully I'm good.

On a side note, I did clean up the bickering in this thread. Please don't make me do mod work, people; just be cool and civil. :peace: 

• Sicko Sherman 1

1 hour ago, Nokra said:

Ah OK thanks, good to know. Fortunately it's not getting direct sunlight so hopefully I'm good.

On a side note, I did clean up the bickering in this thread. Please don't make me do mod work, people; just be cool and civil. :peace: 

Now add this to your TV:

Govee Envisual TV Backlight T2 with Dual Cameras, 16.4ft RGBIC Wi-Fi TV LED Backlights for 75-85 inch TVs, Double Light Beads, Adapts to Ultra-Thin TVs, Smart App Control, Music Sync, H605C https://a.co/d/ags8UaN 

:sickos:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nokra said:

Getting rid of the only content people actually care about, who are you, Zaslav?

• True 2

20 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Now add this to your TV:

Govee Envisual TV Backlight T2 with Dual Cameras, 16.4ft RGBIC Wi-Fi TV LED Backlights for 75-85 inch TVs, Double Light Beads, Adapts to Ultra-Thin TVs, Smart App Control, Music Sync, H605C https://a.co/d/ags8UaN 

:sickos:

Does this actually add a lot to the experience? I'm not sure I've ever seen one of these in action. It seems like it would be irritating to have the camera there...

5 minutes ago, Nokra said:

Does this actually add a lot to the experience? I'm not sure I've ever seen one of these in action. It seems like it would be irritating to have the camera there...

I have the first gen one with the single lens as opposed to the dual lens that one has. The camera faces downward and on an inward angle to see the TV, so there's no privacy concerns (you can view what the camera sees through the app as you need to calibrate it to correctly know where the edges of your TV are). I really like mine, I think it adds a lot and isn't distracting. I used plain white backlights prior to this to negate eyestrain (it also made contrast seem better on both my Panny Plasma and my B7 OLED). The camera also does not need to be on top of the TV, you can lay it down underneath the TV, as long as it can see the screen so you can calibrate it, it's fine.

• Thanks 1

I kinda screwed up, I think, in the placement of my G3. I wall mounted it several feet below my air conditioner, which I had previously never noticed any issues with. But over the last few days, particularly where it's been so hot here, the air conditioner has started occasionally dropping a drop or two of water right onto the top of the TV. Nothing has been damaged so far but it is making me very nervous, with such an expensive TV. 

I'm thinking maybe I'd just get something like this shelf and mount it above the TV so that the drips hit that first instead of the TV, unless someone has a better idea besides moving the TV to another wall. :p

23 minutes ago, Nokra said:

I kinda screwed up, I think, in the placement of my G3. I wall mounted it several feet below my air conditioner, which I had previously never noticed any issues with. But over the last few days, particularly where it's been so hot here, the air conditioner has started occasionally dropping a drop or two of water right onto the top of the TV. Nothing has been damaged so far but it is making me very nervous, with such an expensive TV. 

I'm thinking maybe I'd just get something like this shelf and mount it above the TV so that the drips hit that first instead of the TV, unless someone has a better idea besides moving the TV to another wall. :p

I don’t understand how you Americans locate your air conditioners. Why do you put this above your TV?

YOo7QnC.jpg

8 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I don’t understand how you Americans locate your air conditioners. Why do you put this above your TV?

YOo7QnC.jpg

I'm in an apartment and don't have that kind of AC. :p 

uHx1rm5.jpg

It's only dripping on the left side, and like I said (so far) only a drop or two every once in a while. But it's making me very nervous. 

4 hours ago, Nokra said:

Yea, get a shelf or something with a lip at the end which can catch any condensation dripping from your AC unit asap

• Thanks 1