Truck fire causes I-95 bridge collapse in Philly

• Jason changed the title to Truck fire causes I-95 bridge collapse in Philly
2 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Reopening in two weeks.

230611-i95-collapse-jm-1347-c48b8a.jpg
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

The stretch of the East Coast’s main north-south highway collapsed early last Sunday after a tractor-trailer hauling gasoline flipped over on an...

Oh so we CAN do infrastructure really fast when it involves keeping cars moving. 

• True 1

image.png

The most temporary of fixes. 

This isn't pointing to any sort of failure in infrastructure construction. You'll notice that there's a Wile-E-Coyote style solid wall in the path of the local street that this bridge spanned. This gets the interstate back up and running, but it doesn't fix the entire problem. This section of highway is limited to 45 mph (to reduce the load on the road bed). 

A long lasting reconstruction (not a repair) of the bridge to allow travel on the street and the interstate is still needed and will probably take a year or more to design and construct. And that is because doing what they did isn't a long term solution. 

I can field as many infrastructure repair/replacement decision questions as I can, as I'm acquainted with some aspects of that process. But if people are interpreting this as "how it should be" then people are misinterpreting what has been done here and what is needed long term.