The guy I met at National Airport and invited to join D1P is now running for President

83bf2f400c1949de1576e80fc2d56760bf4d120f
NEWREPUBLIC.COM

Why did Cornel West, one of the eminent thinkers of our time, choose to run with this party?

Cornel West is among the eminent thinkers and voices of our time. Speaking truth to power while synthesizing a politics driven by love and solidarity and care for those you share society with are hallmarks of West’s legacy. And that’s why it is puzzling that he has announced his campaign for president under the banner of the not so aptly named People’s Party.

“In these bleak times, I have decided to run for truth and justice, which takes the form of running for president of the United States as a candidate for the People’s Party,” West announced in a video on Monday. “I enter in the quest for truth, I enter in the quest for justice. And the presidency is just one vehicle to pursue that truth and justice, what I’ve been trying to do all of my life.”

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The guy I met at National Airport and invited to join D1P is now running for President

Man, he really chose poorly with the party association. 

The People's Party has taken horrid stances, including making anti-Semitic statements in the past. They've also been associated with idiots like Jimmy Dore and Russel Brand. This is a real bad look. If West wants national visibility and ballot access, this isn't where he needs to be. This really makes me respect him less due to these associations because either he's blind to them or he simply agrees with them. 

IMG_3370.png

Fx4eBXNaAAAXbq6.jpeg

Fx3_aggWYAAMzTf.jpeg

13 minutes ago, CayceG said:

The People's Party has taken horrid stances, including making anti-Semitic statements in the past. They've also been associated with idiots like Jimmy Dore and Russel Brand. This is a real bad look. If West wants national visibility and ballot access, this isn't where he needs to be. This really makes me respect him less due to these associations because either he's blind to them or he simply agrees with them. 

IMG_3370.png

Fx4eBXNaAAAXbq6.jpeg

Fx3_aggWYAAMzTf.jpeg

When both parties outwardly represent the rich in all matters, there are always prominent people who will push back with nonsense parties like this. I’ve heard it explained something like this..

“If we can take even a percent of their vote away, we could change an election. It might be for the worst in the short term, but in the long term it’ll teach the party that they don’t hold all the power.”

I don’t necessarily agree with that, I think the short term is pretty damn important, but I can understand the sentiment of hating both parties and wanting to burn it to the ground. I just figured when it did happen, it would be something more progressive trying to break away from democrats, not trying to appeal to Republicans and democrats in today’s climate.

its not like the center has no representation. Who are you after?

The idea that MLK was a popular public figure during his years of activism is patently false. He was not. He was demonized and widely criticized by mainstream media, politicians and a considerable majority of the public.

• True 1

16 minutes ago, ort said:

The idea that MLK was a popular public figure during his years of activism is patently false. He was not. He was demonized and widely criticized by mainstream media and politicians.

He now exists the make chuds feel better about their racism.

”herp derp content of their character herp derp stop saying we’re racist!”

56 minutes ago, CayceG said:

IMG_3370.png

Fx4eBXNaAAAXbq6.jpeg

Fx3_aggWYAAMzTf.jpeg

He’s BFFs with Bill Maher so this tracks

• 10 months later...