Titus Pullo, soldier of the 13th Legion, has entered Hades.

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

And much like Reddick with John Wick 4, he's starring in the upcoming Ahsoka series.

He looked great in the trailer too. I've had absolute excitement for Ahsoka especially since I'm currently on a Rebels re-watch. This will be bittersweet.

RIP to an absolute scene-stealer in Rome.

58 is far far too young for a man who has always been in incredible shape. Without a doubt, this man had "IT" on screen. The camera HAD to turn and focus on Ray & fixate on those steely eyes, all before he'd even speak at times. I never watched his earlier works as those shows didn't grab my attention, yet his role in the season of Dexter essentially saved that season. His portrayal as Blackbeard the Pirate in Black Sails was perfect. Absolute fucking tragedy that we lost yet another amazingly talented individual far before they should have been released from this existence. :rose:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Halal 2

25 minutes ago, 69los said:

We probably would have got more seasons of Rome if it came out after GOT.

Yeah, it got canceled because it got too expensive and I wish I could travel back in time to 2005 and tell HBO/BBC "hooooo boy, let me tell you something..."

Still, season 1 of Rome is one of the best things that has ever been put to film.

• Halal 1

4 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

David Milch’s original pitch for Deadwood was for it to be set in Ancient Rome, but he changed it to the West after the series Rome debuted. Deadwood is probably the greatest tv show there ever was, but I would still be curious to see his original vision. 

Didn't Deadwood come out first?

Still, the concepts of those shows are similar enough (ordinary people in extraordinary places, essentially) that I could understand why they wouldn't want two shows like that in ancient Rome.

38 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Didn't Deadwood come out first?

Still, the concepts of those shows are similar enough (ordinary people in extraordinary places, essentially) that I could understand why they wouldn't want two shows like that in ancient Rome.

Ok, did some more reading to clarify and got this: 

By the early 2000s, [Milch] was ready to create a new show and use law enforcement as a window into the way a community is formed. But the original inspiration was not the time or place you'd think: his original vision of what became "Deadwood" was set much further in the past. "Well, this is going to sound kind of strange," he told American Heritage in 2006, "but my initial feeling was that I'd set it in ancient Rome, the time of the emperor Nero." Milch wanted to focus on Rome's relatively un-heralded "Urban Cohort," a sort of city police force that was left to deal with the day-to-day crime and chaos of the giant city with the Praetorian Guard soldiers were usually busy fighting in various emperors' clashes. 

But as it happened, HBO already had the series "Rome" in production, which they felt covered too much of the same ground. So they asked Milch if he could explore the same themes of order forming from chaos, in a different historical setting. Milch realized that the city of Deadwood, which circa 1876 was as a lawless mining camp in Native American territory that would later become South Dakota, was exactly the setting he needed.

Read More: https://www.looper.com/470869/the-untold-truth-of-deadwood/

• Halal 1

• 3 weeks later...