Florida passes fascist bills allowing state to remove trans kids from parents' custody, bans all public displays that are pro-LGBTQ+ (including Pride parades), and bans gender-neutral bathrooms

13 hours ago, Kamusha said:

He's been noticeably silent on all of these recent threads regarding these anti-trans bills. Hasn't engaged with any of my posts since I've returned, either.

Don't think I haven't noticed.

He doesn't want to engage me because he's a TERF, has openly stated in the past that he agrees with JK Rowling's stance on gender.

That's why he's been silent on all of these threads regarding the erasure of trans rights. And why previously has tried to downplay the impact these laws would have. He's shown his true colors.

If he gets to call out what he considers to be racism then it's only fair that I get to call out transphobia. Doesn't matter really, I never tagged him and I doubt he's reading these types of threads anyways.

12 hours ago, Kamusha said:

I have conflicting views on him. I agree with a lot of his posts, and unlike him have engaged with his posts since returning by reacting to them. But it does bother me that there is an openly transphobic user who is part of a community that I love. I recently had to cut my parents out of my life because of their transphobia and I have little tolerance for it at this point. I only surround myself with accepting communities at this point. It's why I took a break from this board for a year to focus on my mental health.

You're allowed to tell me how you feel. But be aware you are in a thread about the increase of of transphobic bills in my state and are telling an openly trans user how they should react to a bigoted user. I'm sure you don't mean harm, but it's bad optics. I have respectfully taken in your advice, and am choosing to follow how I believe is best to act for me. I don't want this to be a debate that derails a thread about much larger issues than a close-minded user.

You're acting like a bully.  He's not posting in this thread, yet you're calling him out as a "bigot", a "transphobe" and a "TERF".  You're also complaining he isn't engaging with you in a public, as you call him out in a public forum for what you consider bigotry.  It's like you're baiting him to defend himself.  This kind of posting is really disappointing.

• True 2

8 hours ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

I’ll go out on a limb and say I do think sometimes portions of the trans lobby are a bit too militant for their own good and alienate people by jumping straight for the ‘bigot’ label even when someone has a minor point of disagreement with them, but that doesn’t change the fact that these conservative crusaders are clearly exploiting the trans demographic and trying to profit from alienating and bullying them.

Walk a mile in our high heels and you may have a bit more understanding and empathy for how we handle a hostile world where many want to see us dead.

Some things to reflect on:

• We are four more times more likely to be murdered than cis people.
  • The two leading causes of death for trans women are suicide and homicide.
  • Being born into a body that never feels like your own is traumatizing. Growing up in a community that refuses to take your experiences at your own and even judges you for them is also traumatizing. Every trans person is dealing with their own form of PTSD which can be triggered sometimes in ways that don’t make sense or feel rational to cis people who don’t share that same trauma.

While I agree with the rest of your post I do take issue with you taking time to put some of the blame on a demographic that is constantly being demonized and dehumanized. We have conservatives literally calling for our “eradication”. It’s hard to always act rational when the world is constantly triggering you into flight-or-fight.

• True 1

7 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

You're acting like a bully.  He's not posting in this thread, yet you're calling him out as a "bigot", a "transphobe" and a "TERF".  You're also complaining he isn't engaging with you in a public, as you call him out in a public forum for what you consider bigotry.  It's like you're baiting him to defend himself.  This kind of posting is really disappointing.

Okay shit like this is why I took a break from this board in the first place. It looks like it’s time to take another lengthy break to focus on my mental health again.

Have a good life D1P. I may or may not return. Gonna find a community that doesn’t call me a bully for calling out transphobia. Life it too short to deal with communities where it’s acceptable to openly be a TERF and call a marginalized person a bully for expressing dissatisfaction about said user.

• Sad 5

52 minutes ago, Kamusha said:

Okay shit like this is why I took a break from this board in the first place. It looks like it’s time to take another lengthy break to focus on my mental health again.

Have a good life D1P. I may or may not return. Gonna find a community that doesn’t call me a bully for calling out transphobia. Life it too short to deal with communities where it’s acceptable to openly be a TERF and call a marginalized person a bully for expressing dissatisfaction about said user.

Put Absolut on block. I put a few users on block, and it's made my time much easier. I would prefer if you'd stay, I really enjoy your contributions.

@Kamusha for what it's worth, I hope you'll stay around too. You and any other trans people are very welcome here, and your perspective and opinions are valued in this community.  :hug: 

If you feel like you're being attacked for being trans or any other reason, please use the "Report" button and the other mods and I will look into it right away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • True 1
  • Halal 1
  • Hugs 2

23 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Yeah, the marginalized, threatened person is the "bully" here.

What's "really disappointing" is the complete and total failure to read the goddamned room as to why she might be posting in such a manner.

Please don't reply to this - I'm really in no mood to engage in a conversation/debate on this at all.

• Like 2
  • True 1
  • Hugs 1

9 hours ago, Nokra said:

You and any other trans people are very welcome here

I agree, BUT, while reading that it made me start trying to remember that super-conservative pro-Russian trans woman that used to post here who thought their life would be better in Russia despite it being basically illegal to be transgender there.

Anyway, @Kamushais great and shouldn’t leave. I’ve always appreciated her posts and perspective.

3 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I agree, BUT, while reading that it made me start trying to remember that super-conservative pro-Russian trans woman that used to post here who thought their life would be better in Russia despite it being basically illegal to be transgender there.

Anyway, @Kamushais great and shouldn’t leave. I’ve always appreciated her posts and perspective.

I could have sworn it came out that they weren’t really trans, it was all an act. Least that’s what another user who was RL friends with that person said. 

I could be wrong, it’s been years. But that memory does vaguely exist for me. 

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I could have sworn it came out that they weren’t really trans, it was all an act. Least that’s what another user who was RL friends with that person said. 

Well, that would make a hell of a lot of sense :p 

What I find facinating about this whole trans hysteria is how little it matters to people in their day to day lives. If I've ever seen a trans person in real life (that I recognized as trans)  I can't remember it and I live in California the land of hedonism and depravity. And I've known plenty of gays and lesbians.

If you didn't tune into cable and online news and just lived your life like a normal person you would have no clue what any of this is about. Its probably the most artificially "think tanked up" load of bullshit I can think of since the caravan of migrant apocalypse. 

• True 1

2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I think you’re right

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

What I find facinating about this whole trans hysteria is how little it matters to people in their day to day lives. If I've ever seen a trans person in real life (that I recognized as trans)  I can't remember it and I live in California the land of hedonism and depravity. And I've known plenty of gays and lesbians.

If you didn't tune into cable and online news and just lived your life like a normal person you would have no clue what any of this is about. Its probably the most artificially "think tanked up" load of bullshit I can think of since the caravan of migrant apocalypse. 

That’s what infuriates me so much. I got pissed at my dad when he was talking about how “gross” it all is during my last visit. I said, “fuck, you only get one life, you might as well live it authentically and be happy.”

Like, why is it so hard for these people to understand?

And these fuckers wanna make it about the kids and all. First, spare me the phony concern about protecting children because you wanna keep all your guns and  ignore the actual fucking pedophilia in the church. Aside from that, they talk about not “forcing this crap on children and warping their minds.”  What about the goddamn parents forcing their gay and trans kids into conversion therapy? Or disowning their LGBTQ kids? Yeah, fuck y’all. 

This shit just makes me violently angry sometimes. Like, I hear my dad spew this garbage and my insides just burn. 

Fuck ‘em. I hate this bigotry. 

• Like 1
  • True 1
  • Halal 2