Dark grocery stores

Remarkableriots

I would rather nearly every retail store move to a digital storefront with delivery. I hate to have to go to a store to get something. I think my wife gets almost every grocery item from HEB or Walmart via delivery.

I live within walking distance of a big store and I don't buy large quantities of gorceries to begin with (I go to the store roughly every other day and just buy what I need for 1-2 days), so I don't get groceries delivered.

In New Orleans, where the closest full grocery store was miles away, I would get shit delivered all.the.time. The only food I didn't get delivered was beer, fried chicken, and snacks.

9 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I live within walking distance of a big store and I don't buy large quantities of gorceries to begin with (I go to the store roughly every other day and just buy what I need for 1-2 days), so I don't get groceries delivered.

In New Orleans, where the closest full grocery store was miles away, I would get shit delivered all.the.time. The only food I didn't get delivered was beer, fried chicken, and snacks.

You've already moved on from New Orleans?

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yeah I made a whole thread about it. I was only there about 6 months, then I went to Alaska, then I went to San Jose for a bit, and I'm back in Portland for now. Not sure how much longer I'm going to stay here. Where I'm living is month to month so I can just leave whenever I decide I want to go somewhere else.

• Halal 1

I have also felt like there is use for more stores along the lines of Aldi. Almost all the necessities, but fewer of the premium brand options. I think most of the stores along the lines of those in the article tend to be more like an Aldi with regard to their selection.

47 minutes ago, Jason said:

44 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Yeah I made a whole thread about it. I was only there about 6 months, then I went to Alaska, then I went to San Jose for a bit, and I'm back in Portland for now. Not sure how much longer I'm going to stay here. Where I'm living is month to month so I can just leave whenever I decide I want to go somewhere else.

Yes pay attention instead of posting about your shits. 

• Haha 2

I hate grocery shopping and welcome any change that makes me not have to go. The stores in my area are massive and it's a waste of my time having to navigate the store while they put endless products in my face that I have no interest in.  

I also see a ton of employee/Instacart people walking the stores grabbing things for online orders.  It sucks for them to have to walk a massive grocery store all day like a scavenger hunt. Bring on the dark stores.

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Grocery shopping is one of my few sources of human interaction so I would not want it to disappear at all.

After the pandemic I've had enough of other people picking my groceries for me to last me a lifetime. Maybe I'd let someone else pick my groceries if I win one of those billion dollar lottery jackpots and could hire someone who I can teach to look for what I'd look for while grocery shopping.