The 2022-23 Mock Gambling Thread - WEEK 14 - Slugs regains the lead!

Slug

In a week that saw most of the field take a hit to their fake bank accounts on the Feature Game, Slug crawls back into the lead being one of only two players to get it right!  The playoff race is getting tight in the NFL and the leaderboard is starting to shake out in the MGT.  Will someone new take the lead this week?

########## WEEK 13 RESULTS ##########

Week 13 Feature Game: New Orleans Saints @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-3.5)
The Bucs come back and win on the field, dodging what appeared to be an upset in the making, but fail to cover the points.  Bets on New Orleans win.  Only silentbob and Slug cashed in on this one.

QUESTIONS
1) What will be the first scoring play of the Feature Game? Saints TD, Saints FG, Saints safety, Bucs TD, Bucs FG, Bucs safety, or other? ($800 for the correct call)
A 1st quarter Ryan Succop 21 yarder was the first scoring play of the Feature Game.  Bucs FG is the call. Only Dodger called this correctly.

2) Which team in the Feature Game will convert the higher percentage of their 3rd downs? ($600 for the correct call)
The Saints only converted 35% of their 3rd down tries to Tampa's 53%.  Buccaneers get it.

3) Name any quarterback that will be sacked 3 or more times in Week 13? ($800 for a correct QB)
9 QBs ate dirt 3 or more times in Week 13 (Tannehill, Herbert, Heinicke, Smith, Jones, Wolford, Tagovailoa, Ryan, and Purdy).  If you named one of these, you got it.

4) Who will be the fastest ball carrier of Week 13?  Name any of the top 3 and you will get this one. ($800 for one of the top 3 MPH ball carriers)
Christian Watson hit 21.72mph on his 46 yard rushing TD for the Pack.  Trent Sherfield and Marcus Jones came in silver and bronze.  If you named one of these guys you got it. But nobody did.

5) Call the winners:
Jacksonville Jaguars at Detroit Lions
Las Angeles Chargers at Las Vegas Raiders
Pittsburgh Steelers @ Atlanta Falcons
($600 for EACH correct named game winner, $1,500 bonus if you call all 3 correctly)
AbsolutSurgen, BasemntDweller2, Brian and Slug each called all three games correctly to earn the bonus!

6) How many road teams will win in Week 13? ($800 for the correct number)
Five road teams got the dub in enemy territory this week. Biggie was the only player to get this one right.

7) Which team will have more total offensive yardage in the Chiefs @ Bengals games? ($600 for the correct call)
The Bengals had 431 total yards to the Chiefs' 349.  Bets on Cincy win.

8) Name the player who will rush for the most yards AND the player that will have the most receiving yards in week thirteen. ($2,500 for each player named correctly, $7,000 bonus if both names are called)
Josh Jacobs got 144 yards rushing and Davante Adams had 177 receiving to be your yardage leaders in Week 13.  Biggie and Keyser_Soze both named Adams while a bunch of players got Jacobs.  Nobody got both.

######### LEADERBOARD #########

Slug - $27,300
@AbsolutSurgen - $26,500
@Keyser_Soze - $23,100
@Brian - $17,200
@thewhyteboar - $14,300
@silentbob - $14,250
@Commissar SFLUFAN - $13,400
@BasemntDweller2 - $7,600
@Dodger - $7,400
@Kal-El814 - $5,500
@Biggie - $5,100

If you think I mathed wrong, let me know.

########## THE SEASON #########
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10 (BYE)
Week 11
Week 12
Week 13

###############################

WEEK 14 FEATURE GAME AND QUESTIONS FOLLOWS THIS POST

WEEK 14 MOCK GAMBLING - SPREAD AND QUESTIONS

DEADLINE FOR WEEK 14 ENTRIES - 12/8/2022 (Thursday) 20:14 EASTERN

THREAD WILL BE LOCKED AT THE DEADLINE SO GET YOUR ENTRIES IN!

Week 14 Feature Game
New England Patriots @ Arizona Cardinals (+1.5)
(Remember you are betting against the spread, not just the outright winner)

QUESTIONS
1) What will be the first scoring play of the Feature Game? Patriots TD, Patriots FG, Patriots safety, Cardinals TD, Cardinals FG, Cardinals safety, or other? ($900 for the correct call)

2) How many total, combined touchdowns will be scored in the Feature Game? ($900 for the correct call)

3) Which QB will have the highest number of pass ATTEMPTS in Week 14? ($1,000 for a correct QB)

4) Name any defensive player that will be credited with 2 or more interceptions this week. ($1,000 for the correct name)

5) Call the winners:
Caronlina Panthers at Seattle Seahawks
Houston Texans at Dallas Cowboys
Jacksonville Jaguars @ Tennessee Titans
($700 for EACH correct named game winner, $1,800 bonus if you call all 3 correctly)

6) Philadelphia @ New York Giants: Over or under 45.5 points? ($700 for the correct number)

7) Improbable completions: Name the receiver that will come down with the most improbable reception in Week 14 (lowest completion probability % when the ball is caught)? ($900 for the correct call)

8) Name the player who will rush for the most yards AND the player that will have the most receiving yards in week fourteen. ($2,800 for each player named correctly, $7,500 bonus if both names are called)

Good luck!

### Example Answer Post and MY ENTRY ###
Cards for $100
1. Cardinals TD
2. 5
3. Prescott
4. Jalen Pitre
5. Panthers, Texans, Titans
6. Under
7. Brown
8. Davis Mills, Brandin Cooks
#####################

A reminder: Every year we get at least a couple people around this point in the season who give up or bet stupid because they think it's almost over.  Do not be That Guy.  The competition ends at the conclusion of the Super Bowl.  I don't wanna see, "Oh this goes into the post-season?!" from anyone.  That is all. :)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Biggie said:

@SlugI think you gave me too much money. I bet everything and lost so no way I still have $5100. I think it’s closer to $3300.    I got $2500 for naming the receiving leader and $800 for how many road teams won. 

$5000

- 5000 (FG bet)

+600 Question #2

+1,200 Question #5

+800 Question #6

+2,500 Question #8

= $5,100

You made up your loss + $100.

• Halal 1