Mike Flanagan & Trevor Macy (Midnight Mass, The Haunting of Hill House) jump ship from Netflix over to Amazon Studios

Mike-flanagan-trevor-macy.jpg?w=1000
DEADLINE.COM

Mike Flanagan and Trevor Macy (The Haunting Of Hill House) have signed an exclusive multiyear overall series-production deal with Amazon Studios.

Prolific genre creators Mike Flanagan and Trevor Macy (The Haunting Of Hill House, Midnight Mass) have signed an exclusive multiyear overall series deal with Amazon Studios. Under the pact, the duo will develop and produce projects via their Intrepid Pictures company, which will exclusively stream on Prime Video in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide.

“Mike and Trevor are remarkable at telling immersive, suspenseful stories that masterfully keep audiences engaged from start to finish,” said Vernon Sanders, head of global television at Amazon Studios. “We are excited to welcome them to Amazon Studios and are looking forward to our global customers experiencing their genre-bending creativity.”

Flanagan and Macy, who have established themselves as a force in horror genre storytelling over the last several years, are moving to Amazon Studios as their Intrepid banner is wrapping an overall deal with Netflix. With that multiyear pact coming to an end, the duo met with studios and streamers, opting to go with Amazon as their next TV home.

48 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I really wanted to see where that story goes :( 

I guess this means no more Haunting Anthology, either. Or what about the Fall of the House of Usher series?

From what I can gather, the Fall of the House of Usher series will be their final project for Netflix.

• Thanks 1

Huge loss for Netflix. There were rumours that there was tension, with Netflix demanding he make his shows "more scary" (jump scares, specifically), and he refused. IMO his current style of spooky atmosphere (with occasional scare) is perfect. Hill House and Midnight Mass are incredible, and Bly Manor and Midnight Club were great, as well.

He also made some cryptic tweets when Midnight Club came out implying he was unhappy with Netflix's promotion. That wouldn't be surprising, as Netflix is absolutely garbage at promoting their own shows, even inside their own app.

Flanagan has said for years that his personal passion project hope is The Dark Tower...well, guess who owns the rights to that?

11 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Flanagan has said for years that his personal passion project hope is The Dark Tower...well, guess who owns the rights to that?

If they want to give him the budget, space (multiple seasons guaranteed), and creative freedom to do it right, that could work. That’s about the only way it could work. 

On his Tumblr site, Flanagan has posted the "answers to the unresolved mysteries of season 1 (along with our plans for season 2)"

2a86a908ec804fdf66cf1afbdce67e7682523fe1
FLANAGANFILM.TUMBLR.COM

I'm very disappointed that Netflix has decided not to pursue a second season of THE MIDNIGHT CLUB. My biggest disappointment is that we left so many story threads open, holding them back for the...

• Halal 1

the-dark-tower-2.jpg?w=1000
DEADLINE.COM

EXCLUSIVE: This is a pivotal moment for Mike Flanagan and Trevor Macy’s Intrepid Pictures, which the duo launched in 2004. After six years creating and producing for Netflix, including the la…

:feelsgood:

1 hour ago, Firewithin said:
the-dark-tower-2.jpg?w=1000
DEADLINE.COM

EXCLUSIVE: This is a pivotal moment for Mike Flanagan and Trevor Macy’s Intrepid Pictures, which the duo launched in 2004. After six years creating and producing for Netflix, including the la…

:feelsgood:

harry potter my body is ready GIF

On 12/9/2022 at 11:52 AM, EternallDarkness said:

I suppose I should be excited about the Dark Tower news and yet I'm apprehensive. I just don't know that an adaptation can do it justice. The length of the saga is immense. And I can see them having to cut corners because of how much it'll likely cost. I want to believe it'll be mind-blowing, but...

I feel like the budget for this would be less than the Ring of Power‘s budget.