Florida woman sues Kraft over Mac and Cheese.

Derek

221128153854-velveeta-shells-and-cheese-
WWW.CNN.COM

The label on Velveeta's microwaveable mac and cheese says it takes three and a half minutes to prepare. But a Florida woman says this is false -- and...

With a 3 and 4 years old, I make a shit ton of this Mac and Cheese. It does only need 3 and a half minutes in the microwave, but yes, the entire process takes longer than 3 and a half minutes, probably closer to 4 or 4 and a half minutes. So... legit lawsuit?

“misleading” marketing of “‘ready in 3½ minutes,’ which instantly catches the eye of all reasonable consumers.”

There is a fun docuseries on Netflix called “Hey Pepsi, where’s my jet” which explains why the notion of a “reasonable consumer” is so important in this filing. It is now a bedrock of false advertising claims, that a “reasonable consumer” would believe the claim.

I got some noodles that advertise taking 4 minutes in the microwave. However, in the instructions, it say to let the noodles sit for another minute. Ignoring actual prep and mixing time, there is an actual extra minute in the instructions. 

I should sue. 

• Halal 1

Annie's is fuckin' dogshit. Fuckin' walmart brand blue box is better than that shit. And Mini-shells are shit too. All they do is create spots for dry powder to hide and then you either suffer the dry spots or you add more milk which makes the sauce too thin. 

• Haha 1
  • Sicko 1

10 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Put your own cheese on it and don't worry about the powder.

Homemade mac n cheese ain't worth the effort and it's kinda costly when you have to get actual real cheese. It ain't 75 cents I pay for a box of kroger brand. 

15 minutes ago, stepee said:

Can you send me all the powder you didn’t use so I can do double cheese?

No, he has to be using the cheese. If he isn't then it is just shitty homemade mac n cheese that he is making. Like, lol, no one makes their own noodles for homemade mac n cheese. He isn't doing anything special. I mean, sure, he isn't making as cheese sauce, but it is still homemade mac n cheese. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

No, he has to be using the cheese. If he isn't then it is just shitty homemade mac n cheese that he is making. Like, lol, no one makes their own noodles for homemade mac n cheese. He isn't doing anything special. I mean, sure, he isn't making as cheese sauce, but it is still homemade mac n cheese. 

Look let’s just find out because I would love the extra powder.

• Haha 1

On 11/30/2022 at 4:11 PM, sblfilms said:

There is a fun docuseries on Netflix called “Hey Pepsi, where’s my jet” which explains why the notion of a “reasonable consumer” is so important in this filing. It is now a bedrock of false advertising claims, that a “reasonable consumer” would believe the claim.

I started watching this tonight based on your recommendation and HOLY COW - I HAVEN'T LAUGHED THIS MUCH IN AGES :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I distinctly remember this entire situation because I was the same age as John Leonard when it all went down (I was attending UF at the time) and I had a friend who fell hook, line, and sinker for that Pepsi advertising campaign to the point where he convinced himself that Crystal Pepsi was actually good!

I'm about to start the episode where MICHAEL FREAKIN' AVENATTI enters the scene!

• Thanks 1