Prequel “Crystal Lake” series coming to Peacock from Bryan Fuller

silentbob

In because of Bryan Fuller, except he left the last 4 shows he was attached to, so hopefully he sticks around (including American Gods, Interview with the Vampire, and Star Trek: Discovery). He also walked away from Apple's Amazing Stories reboot as well and his Munsters reboot (the Mockingbird Lane TV pilot) was not picked up either.

31 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

In case anyone isn't aware, because Sean Cunningham isn't involved, the only things that really can be used in this series is the location of the camp, Pamela herself, and that's about it.

Does Cunningham own everything else; even the New Line Cinema crap?

23 minutes ago, 69los said:

Does Cunningham own everything else; even the New Line Cinema crap?

I know that grown up Jason & the mask are items belonging to the Cunningham side of things, however they can use childhood Jason in the prequel series.

What I really love about this series potential, and I believe its what probably drew Fuller in, at least in part, is the fact that there is an inherent challenge in terms of not only what can & cannot be used but that its being adapted for a TV series that is more or less official unlike the old "Friday 13th TV series" which was basically only in name. Add to that is the fact that Fuller had to work within a lot of those similar constraints when adapting Hannibal for TV (still to this day one of THE greatest series ever hands down, seek it out if you haven't watched it yet!)

• Halal 3

1 minute ago, SoberChef said:

I know that grown up Jason & the mask are items belonging to the Cunningham side of things, however they can use childhood Jason in the prequel series.

What I really love about this series potential, and I believe its what probably drew Fuller in, at least in part, is the fact that there is an inherent challenge in terms of not only what can & cannot be used but that its being adapted for a TV series that is more or less official unlike the old "Friday 13th TV series" which was basically only in name. Add to that is the fact that Fuller had to work within a lot of those similar constraints when adapting Hannibal for TV (still to this day one of THE greatest series ever hands down, seek it out if you haven't watched it yet!)

Hannibal was must watch during it's run and I've been meaning to re-watch it again.

I wonder if we'll get Mr. Voorhees. I saw that he was cut from Part 6 so maybe they may have to change the name.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

1 hour ago, 69los said:

Hannibal was must watch during it's run and I've been meaning to re-watch it again.

A buddy of mine just watched it recently. Was fun experiencing it through his eyes. That show was so far ahead of its time... would have done better as a streaming show and not a network show on primetime NBC. I'm thankful we got the three seasons we got.

• Like 2
  • Halal 1

• 1 year later...

Some hope?

BLOODY-DISGUSTING.COM

Can you believe it's now been 15 YEARS since we last saw Jason Voorhees on the screen? In the wake of several years' worth of legal troubles, the Voorhees

According to Bloody Disgusting’s sources, A24 has NOT killed off “Crystal Lake” at this time. We have confirmed the show is still happening, but there is indeed some retooling of the project happening behind the scenes. We’re digging for more info. Stay tuned.

• Hugs 1