Nvidia - Geforce Beyond (EVGA) Event

Mr.Vic20

Just now, Xbob42 said:

Alright someone just loan me $799 USD @ Xbob422@hotmail.com (my ultra-secure hotmail Paypal email, the double 2 confuses hackers!) so that I can afford one of whatever this is on launch day and I'll send it back within a month!

Kinda low ballin' it, no? 999 baby! 

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I'm really curious about the 2-4x faster thing. I'm guessing that's only in heavy ray tracing.

Yeah, that part is bullshit, best case scenario talk, but clearly the combination of software and hardware advances will result in major gains, and that's still damn exciting! 

7 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

They know me man, they know me... :lol:

Ya man. This release is only for people like us that would upgrade every gen. The lack of specs is worrying and that performance per watt graph went up to like 500 watts. 

I'm probably gonna fix my desktop this week so I'll be in for a 7800/7900XT.

• True 1

Just now, cusideabelincoln said:

4x faster is definitely only in games that are optimized for DLSS 3.0, where they can use the tensor cores to "predict" frames and bypass any CPU or GPU limitations.

Ya that's what I am expecting. Though the wording does imply you'd be atleast twice as fast.

Just now, elbobo said:

Ugh fuck this pricing. Need to do a whole new build next year, hopefully AMD will with something moderately competitive 

It should be RDNA2 was competitive. However I expect AMD to follow suit and just release the high end. RDNA3 is gonna be as big a jump as 3xxx to 4xxx so if possible it's better to wait for the 7700XT or lower cards if that is what you normally buy. I'm expecting that early november announcement with a 2-3 week delay in launch. 7900XT and 7800XT at launch only.