No more choo choos (potentially)

Chris-

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

Well...better November 22 than October 22.

Hmm...the 59th anniversary of JFK's  "assassination"? And he was the 35th President. 59 - 35 = 24. 2024. So this potential strike is really heralding the return of JFK on a rail convoy to DC to announce that he is alive and will run for President in 2024!!!!

• Shocked 1

13 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Hmm...the 59th anniversary of JFK's  "assassination"? And he was the 35th President. 59 - 35 = 24. 2024. So this potential strike is really heralding the return of JFK on a rail convoy to DC to announce that he is alive and will run for President in 2024!!!!

tinfoil-hat.gif

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

There is no might here. This would be devastating to the economy and to everyone. It would destroy the supply chain at a time it’s already screwed up and cause a lot of unemployment. 

The deal was agreed to by most of the unions. 

Okay.

People shouldn’t have to choose between their jobs and their health unless it will hurt the economy.

Sounds equally bad to me idk. 

5 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Sounds to me like if these guys have the power to ruin the economy by asking for a couple sick days their labor is severely undervalued. 

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Something so important shouldn’t be left in the hands of bad faith private actors: nationalize the railroads

look at this wokist economy-hating cucks

12 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Sounds to me like if these guys have the power to ruin the economy by asking for a couple sick days their labor is severely undervalued. 

Shit I’m fine with labor being over valued, better the actually productive people in the economy be rewarded.

And the simple fact of the matter is if the conditions of being a railroader don’t get better and soon, the industry may collapse within 4ish years due to the retiring workforce starting in 2024 and no one wanting to take a job with such shit conditions even if it is well paid. Hell the only reason you don’t see it happening now is because these guys are less than 5 years from full retirement and pension. 

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

And the simple fact of the matter is if the conditions of being a railroader don’t get better and soon, the industry may collapse within 4ish years due to the retiring workforce starting in 2024 and no one wanting to take a job with such shit conditions even if it is well paid. Hell the only reason you don’t see it happening now is because these guys are less than 5 years from full retirement and pension. 

Yeah but what about the quarterly profits and bonuses for the capitalists!? How dare you forget the important things.

Being a person that works at a union job that falls under the Railroad Labor Act I am not pleased with this at all. This directly undermines the biggest tool a union has. If they want to modify the RLA to be less of an impact on the economy but still have the same impact on the players then I wouldn't mind that as much. Taxing relevant revenue/pay at 100% could be a start. Loading up trains and being unable to pay for expenses would have a similar outcome as a full on strike.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Something so important shouldn’t be left in the hands of bad faith private actors: nationalize the railroads

With the way railroad companies treat everyone, not just their workers, but the public in general and even adjacent land owners, I would be okay with this. 

They are massively protected by the Feds. It’s like a quasi private entity that has the government backing it on everything.  It might as well be public. 

• Halal 1

11 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Privatized infrastructure is almost always economically inefficient.  It’s usually just a way of burdening the economy with rents that increase the break-even cost of doing business, and diverting money away from productive investment.

• Halal 1

My anecdotal experience with rail roaders is they are super MAGA chudly. I’ll have to go take pictures of the employee trucks at the BNSF rail yard where my brother in law works. Punisher logos, Gadsden flags, Let’s go Brandon. 

Apparently the issue isn't even paid sick days and they'd be happy with simply being able to take an unpaid sick day without having to schedule it 30 days in advance. Absolutely braindead that after the pandemic the response is still nah you fuckers have to come into work sick.

7 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

My anecdotal experience with rail roaders is they are super MAGA chudly. I’ll have to go take pictures of the employee trucks at the BNSF rail yard where my brother in law works. Punisher logos, Gadsden flags, Let’s go Brandon. 

MAGA chuds still deserve paid sick days and unforeseen time off. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CayceG said:

MAGA chuds still deserve paid sick days and unforeseen time off. 

It is more that it is amusing that the people they vote for largely voted against those things :p