~~ 3DS Community Thread ~~

chakoo

You know what grinds my gears? When you buy a digital game and it shows up as a wrapped present on the main screen. I just spent money to buy the stupid game, Nintendo isn't giving me a gift!

Also, it has happened twice so far, where the eshop freezes and it asks me to restart the 3ds. Then when I do, every game I bought is rewrapped and I have to go through and unwrap each one again. Grumble Grumble.

• True 2

1 minute ago, Derek said:

You know what grinds my gears? When you buy a digital game and it shows up as a wrapped present on the main screen. I just spent money to buy the stupid game, Nintendo isn't giving me a gift!

Also, it has happened twice so far, where the eshop freezes and it asks me to restart the 3ds. Then when I do, every game I bought is rewrapped and I have to go through and unwrap each one again. Grumble Grumble.

True. I mean it's kind of cute when it's a link to download a new demo, or something you bought via the website but when you just told the store to download said item it's needless work. :/ 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

Got in my order for Go! Go! Kokopolo! over at Limited Run. Now the waiting begins...

Hopefully it won’t be too bad since the status is in warehouse. So hopefully they are ready to ship out and it’s just a question of how slow they are on priority (I’ve heard mixed things).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If anybody is curious here is an unboxing of the double pack. I probably won't open mine. Mostly because I'll never really get around to playing it and I don't know if this will end up like solatorobo ds did (I opened my copy to play for 5 mins then never went back).

• Like 1

On 9/24/2022 at 1:04 PM, chakoo said:

Anybody get their copy of Go! Go! Kokopolo yet? My parents got mine earlier in the week and are shipping it up to me sometime this weekend (sadly will probably take a few weeks to a month to show up).

I also though people might enjoy this.

Kinda surprised he didn't have the Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS, or the Monster Hunter 4 ULTIMATE NEW 3DSXL. Those are two of the best, IMO. But of course the absolute best is the NEW 3DS with interchangeable faceplates. IMO, of course.

• 3 months later...

If you still need the Atooi collection here is your last chance (for a decent price). I was able to score a copy of just the game but those are now sold out.

LIMITEDRUNGAMES.COM

Atooi Collection on physical cartridge for the Nintendo 3DS. This game is NOT region-free and will only work on North American 3DS units. The Collector's Edition is limited to 2,000 copies available worldwide. The Atooi Collection Collector's Edition includes:  Atooi Collection for the Nintendo 3DS 5 Alternate 3DS Cove

-- Update --

Sold out. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update from my last post. This came in the mail a week ago.

spacer.png

With this, I think I'm now only missing like a few games from the end of the 3DS's life. Namely Kirby Epic Yarn and Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. After that I still have a few atlus 3ds games I want to add to the collection and that will probably be it (I have a lot as is, 155 total, 3/4 of it physical with like 2-3 dups).

• 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, chakoo said:

In memory of the eshop dying I'll finally show off that I wasn't kidding about my madness.

Ever wondered what a bunch of 3ds stored together looked like? It's not really the entire collection (have a few others else where).

spacer.png spacer.png

That's awesome. I'm a few Street Passes away from getting the last 6 puzzle swap tiles, at which point I can finally rest, Thanos style. :p

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Wow umm. It seems another 3ds retail release came out and I'm just now finding out about it. SHAKEDOWN: HAWAII got a physical release in both a regular and collectors edition. You can still find stock at VG Plus if you want one. There is also rumours of a still remaining release from LRG that hasn't been announced which will most likely be the actual last 3ds physical release.

Reg Ed - https://videogamesplus.ca/products/shakedown-hawaii-nintendo-3ds-standard-edition?_pos=4&_sid=68cca1b8c&_ss=r

Col Ed - https://videogamesplus.ca/products/shakedown-hawaii-nintendo-3ds-collectors-edition?_pos=5&_sid=68cca1b8c&_ss=r

Also you bet your ass I ordered a copy of this (just reg ed, I don't need the CE).

-edit-

Seems this came out Nov 6th, 2023. =/

4 hours ago, Biggie said:

I miss having a true handheld system. The Switch is great but nothing beats a clamshell design. 

Agreed. There's something about being able to snap the system shut after playing and slip it into a pocket or backpack and be on your way. And also the smaller, compact size of a "true" handheld is missed.

• True 1

26 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Agreed. There's something about being able to snap the system shut after playing and slip it into a pocket or backpack and be on your way. And also the smaller, compact size of a "true" handheld is missed.

And Street Pass was such a cool feature 

• True 1

On 3/14/2024 at 9:29 PM, chakoo said:

spacer.png

@GameDadGrant you get one yet?

These long drawn out last 3DS releases are kind of funny but I also think it's such a late release that most are ignoring that it even exist unlike the previous two.

My CE came in! I can’t link a photo since “Xwitter” is banned from the site (because reasons) but I finally have it. It’s pretty cool. 😎 

• Hype 1