~~ 3DS Community Thread ~~

chakoo

12 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I bought one of t hose grips for my 3DS. Husband has one for his and I quite like it. The damn thing has gotten to where it cramps my hands quite a bit.

Which model you using? I found both XL units would cramp my hands after a while. n3ds model I can hold out for longer without cramps.

@chakoo

I would tend to agree. Back when I used the XL unit, it felt extra top-heavy and awkward to use. Still fine overall, but nowhere near as comfy and the OG model or the n3DS. Handheld systems need a good balance between having large enough screens but not too heavy/awkward so it can be used for extended periods of time. 

I feel the OG 3DS, the n3DS, and the Vita all handled pretty well this past gen. 

52 minutes ago, chakoo said:

Have you two tried a n2ds to see if they’re any better? (I own one but don’t use it for play).

No, I'm not terribly interested in buying another unit at the moment. I used my husband's grip last night when playing and it was a ton better. I think buying one for myself for $20 is more economical for now. 

15 hours ago, chakoo said:

Have you two tried a n2ds to see if they’re any better? (I own one but don’t use it for play).

It’s about the same as the n3DS, but with a lighter top for obvious reasons. It’s good.

14 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I used my husband's grip last night

Hey oh. TMI, lulz! 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

:cry: I don't know why I waited so long. I'm trying to hunt down a copy of the 3DS Catalog nintendo released a while back in japan and I'm having the hardest time finding it. =/ 

The reason it matters is I really want the physical book (even though nintendo released a pdf of it) but I'm having a hard time finding the name or the original nintendo.co.jp post on it. =/

-Edit-

Scratch that. I found it again and was able to grab one off yahoo auctions. I thought it was a book but it ends up being a magazine created with Famitsu. Still it has the entire jpn 3DS catalog up to it's publish date. 

Here is a youtube video of someone flipping through it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Friendly reminder, one of the few last 3DS games for USA is out next week. Persona Q2, make sure to buy a copy ASAP. I've even started noticing the LE is out of stock at a few retailers here in canada. You don't want this to turn into a Yo-kai Watch 3 on you (which is going for x2 above retail on ebay now and it's only a few months old) :facepalm:

@GameDadGrant No, I didn't even know this exist. I admittedly haven't put any focus on my 3DS recently but that will change next week. :D

@CastlevaniaNut18 you should give YW3 a go when you have time. I've enjoyed the time I've put into it so far, specially for Hailey (the girl) side of the story.

As for PQ2, I'm glad I have a preorder of the LE from amazon waiting for me. Yet with it selling out and YW3 going for crazy prices I'm tempted to not open it and buy a regular copy of PQ2 to play (I really enjoyed the first game, so I'm looking forward to digging into this one next week).

7 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Wonder how rare Q2 will actually be. The premium edition is still up for preorder on Amazon. 

It really depends how quickly copies dry up after launch. There wasn't much to indicate YW3 was a low print run till a week later when it was scarce. 

Etrian Odyssey Nexus was following the same fate until another batch showed up at retail a few weeks later.  For the most part, 3DS space at retail locally has been dropping off pretty fast this year. 

spacer.png

It's Showtime !!

(yeah I did end up buying a 2nd copy =/).

--edit--

Also since this seems to be the last major release for the system.

spacer.png

It won't be my last 3ds pickup though. I still have a lot i'm missing.

• Like 1

I got my book in today. I also did a horrible job opening the envelope and cut the bottom left corner. :cry:

spacer.png spacer.png

I know nintendo provided a PDF of the book but if you're a big time fan of the 3DS I highly recommend you seek out a copy while you can (there was only a handful on yahoo auctions). It's not super expensive so once you factor proxy and shipping it's roughly $20-$30 and totally worth it. <3

Yay, yesterday while out on a stroll over lunch I decided to drop by a local EBGames. I'm glad I did because someone recently traded a handful of games (was talking with the clerk about it) and one of them happened to be boxed Xenoblade for 3DS. I regret not buying this game ages ago when it was new for $30, now used copies are going for twice that locally. =/

• Like 1

Seems there will be at least one more retail release of some repute coming soon(ish). Those thugs over at Limited Run Games are doing an “Atooi Collection” that will have 5 Jools Watsham games on a single card: Bomb Monkey, Chicken Wiggle, Mutant Mudds, Mutant Mudds: Super Challenge and Xeodrifter

Yeah I’m gonna buy it. Who’s with me?

Well, I was ordering stuff off amazon yesterday and decided to throw in a copy of Etrian Odyssey 5. It didn't dawn on me till it showed up yesterday that I'm probably going to end up oddly buying the EO series in reverse order :lol: (I have nexus, now just got 5, I've seen 4 floating around at local shops).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a few more 3DS titles recently. 

First off grabbed a copy of Samurai Warriors: Chronicles off amazon for dirt cheap. 

Second I went with a friend to a game store I don't hit up all that often and they end up having a ton of stuff I wanted but I end up limiting myself to a used copy of Layton's Mystery Journey (the last one) and new copy of Monster Hunter Stories. There were other titles there I wanted to grab, so I'll probably end up going back to get others in a month.

LMJ I'm happy to get because while I don't think it's super rare, I really don't think tons of copies were produced as I don't remember ever seeing it on shelves when it came out and it's still going for near retail price on ebay. MHS end up being the same price it was at launch, I regret not buying one when bestbuy was clearing them out for $30 Canadian. =/ 

-edit-

With these pick-ups, I've hit 133 titles. :peace: (I'm running out of space in the bins I keep 3DS games in, going to need a 4th one soon).

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly i’ve thrown another game on the backlog. Picked up a new copy of Etrian Mystery Dungeon LE. Might as well grab it while I still saw copies locally. It also doesn’t break my streak of buying Etrian games in reverse order, I imported the EMD 2 a while back. :p

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

I’ve never played a Mystery Dungeon game. Is it worth playing an Etrian version of it to get my feet wet?

I’ve played a few shirens & brandish games in the past but haven’t played this series yet. They’re reasonably well rated so you can’t go wrong giving it a shot. You just need to be good with rogue-like games.

• 1 month later...

I feel like I should buy Q2 for that price, but I probably have another 30+ hours of Persona Q to play before I finish that, and I've barely played Persona 5. And I have a couple other dungeon crawlers on my 3DS that I've barely put any time into. 

So yeah, I'll probably download that tonight. :p

• 4 weeks later...

This thread is mostly dead, but I wanted to get some opinions.  I saw the 2DS with New Super Mario Bros. 2 going for $69, which seems like a steal for a system with such an expansive and celebrated library.  Should I pull the trigger?  I have a Switch but it's too big for me to carry around or play games while traveling, so I use it docked for the most part.

20 minutes ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

This thread is mostly dead, but I wanted to get some opinions.  I saw the 2DS with New Super Mario Bros. 2 going for $69, which seems like a steal for a system with such an expansive and celebrated library.  Should I pull the trigger?  I have a Switch but it's too big for me to carry around or play games while traveling, so I use it docked for the most part.

Yes, yes, yes. 

54 minutes ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

Uhh. Yes. Great intro system into the 3DS library (well the n2ds would be if it drops in price before stock disappears).