Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update (04/19): planned fixes for next update detailed

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

@Biggie I'm sure there are quality of life changes made and maybe the difficulty is one where they changed that up. You are really going to have to pay attention to reviews on this one which I know you don't like. 

When you rave about a game I usually agree 90% of the time. (Elden Ring and Nintendo games are the exception to the rule)  i'll know the first day if its for me or not.

8 minutes ago, Biggie said:

When you rave about a game I usually agree 90% of the time. (Elden Ring and Nintendo games are the exception to the rule)  i'll know the first day if its for me or not.

But I'll play on easy so I'm not good to go by. Gotta read reviews on this. 

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

He has good tastes in games but is much more skilled than I am. He is humble about it though. 

I appreciate it. I don't think it's skill tbh I'm just persistent lol I like trial and error too so that makes From Soft games appealing to me

6 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I forgot how hard this the first game is. Just failed a side quest and lost about an hour of progress after I died fighting a monster I was NOT ready for. Be forewarned, if the second game is anything like the first, it does NOT hold your hand at all.

6 hours ago, Biggie said:

See it’s stuff like this that leads me to believe this game will piss me off. 

Personally I didn't find this game to be difficult. Maybe at the lower levels but as I said earlier, keep your pawns levels up to where you're at, your vocation skills learned and your equipment semi leveled (this isn't even that important) and the game is not difficult at all.

EDIT: I would also say your time is a lot easier if you have a pawn that is a healer and can enchant your weapons with fire or holy.

The losing an hour of progress is a tough pill to swallow but you can save any time you want, which is a good idea because there are no checkpoints. So I always saved every few minutes.

So here's the characters I made.

I tried to recreate sort of the character I had in the first game. The creator doesn't let you get super crazy with colors like in the first one (eyes and hair) but you can come close. This direct comparison is crazy, look how far we've come.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I'll be using this as my pawn. You can't get really bright red hair though, which is what my pawn had in the first game

spacer.png

I made a 3rd one but I didn't like her as much so that's that. :p

@Phaseknox approved

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

What's your party make up usually @Keyser_Soze In the first game my main guy was a Strider who I spec'ed into a mystic archer and my main pawn was usually a fighter/warrior. On my current playthrough, my Pawn is a mage. I usually hire a big warrior and another mage to round the party out. Not sure what I'm gonna main this go round... not happy that they divided the strider into two making the rogue and archer classes seperate. Interested in the spearhand though.

I was a strider and then moved to an assassin. The assassin is basically a strider but they can use a sword or daggers and I wanted to see the sword skills and did that for a while till I went back to the daggers.

My pawn was a fighter that I later turned into a warrior that wielded some big ass hammer.

Then I usually hire a sorcerer / mage because I like the magic buffs and the heals and also them blasting magic spells too (you gotta use the search function to get what you like) and also hire another strider or archer because arrow onslaughts are pretty powerful.

I think in this game I'm going thief as the arisen and then my pawn will be a mage because unlike when I played the first one I don't think I'll have the benefit of a bunch of good mages from the start. Then maybe when the game has simmered for a while I'll make the pawn a fighter again.

Unrelated to this I thought of this pro tip from the first game. This is something I didn't realize until like halfway into the game but there are bulletin boards where you can accept quests. Make sure you do that as soon as you can because it's basically free XP for things you will normally do along your way in the game. When I discovered it the first time there were some quests on there that I would have finished normally in the early game but since I was beyond the area it would have involved me going back (which you do on occasion but I was going other places by that time). There's no limit of what you can accept so just take them all and they'll pop off after you do a bunch of stuff.

7 hours ago, best3444 said:

Definitely having a healer as your main pawn is huge. 

Almost breaks the game though in terms of difficulty. I remember hardly ever dying or even coming close in the first one. Only until late game did I encounter difficulties in staying alive. lol

1 hour ago, nublood said:

Almost breaks the game though in terms of difficulty. I remember hardly ever dying or even coming close in the first one. Only until late game did I encounter difficulties in staying alive. lol

Yea but I suck at games. 

38 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

I had a giant meat head wizard for my pawn in the first one. He saved my butt quite a few times and kept his yapper shut so I kept him around. Really torn on this and Rise of Ronin since they both release the same day

I'm really interested in how Ronin is going to turn out. I can almost guarantee good reviews for DD but if Ronin gets great reviews that would be awful lol. Then I'd have to buy two games in one day. 

1 hour ago, nublood said:

I also remember one of my pawns never stopped talking so I threw him off a cliff. Yep. He dead. Only later I discovered you could limit commentary from your pawns in the main town.

Welp. 

That's fuckin hilarious.  🤣 

WWW.THESIXTHAXIS.COM

We go hands on with Dragon's Dogma 2, a much anticipated sequel that brings some refreshing ideas back to gaming.

The old-school elements are in things like there being single instance quests and chances, and there being no “convenient” fast travel system. It’s a deliberate design choice that goes hand in hand with things like your health depleting over time until you rest or that your carry load is a constant worry. It’s odd to step back in time with these things, but it’s not bad, it’s just different. It’s different in a way that might be hard for some to deal with, but provides a refreshing tone when compared to the norm.

From the more modern approach, you’ve got the world itself, the combat, and the creatures as well. Everything feels alive, with you stumbling across things like a dragon fighting off a cyclops and just dunking on it, or a group of wolves fighting travellers randomly. It feels a lot more immersive, and that might be why there’s no co-op here, even if I still think it would be an overall improvement to the formula. You’re not alone though, as there are still Pawns that can accompany you and fill out your tactical options. It’s an easy-to-use system, and I like it well enough, but not as much as I’d like a journey with a friend or two.

Combat feels, and this won’t be a surprise for anyone who’s played a Capcom game of late, fantastic. I got to try two classes – the Magick Archer and the Mystic Spearhand – with both being a dual-class that you’ll unlock a little way into the game. The Magick Archer excels in support above all else. While they can dole out big damage, you’re generally going to be using things like long-range healing spells, and the ability to freeze monsters in place, to make sure the rest of your party comes out on top.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I'm really interested in how Ronin is going to turn out. I can almost guarantee good reviews for DD but if Ronin gets great reviews that would be awful lol. Then I'd have to buy two games in one day. 

Exactly but I'll only pick one even if they both get stellar reviews... Hopefully. My willpower has been trash lately

Made a new one because I'm a :sickos: but I might go with this one as my pawn

spacer.png

Plus you can give them cool tattoos

Spoiler

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I started watching the anime and I kinda wanted to make a pawn like the one that was on the show. Also my other one was short so I wanted to make a tall one. :p

41 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

magic archer and trickster, but not mage? Hmm interesting. 

I think he's saying hybrid vocations can heal since they are a blend of two classes. A mage is a starting class that most definitely can heal.

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Watching DF talk about DD2 and they were showing some of IGN’s coverage showing the game unlocked on PS5 drop to 24fps in what looked like typical combat. 

Wtf. That would really blow. 

29 minutes ago, best3444 said:

That would probably deter me from buying it if it gets that bad. 30 I can live with but once it dives into Switch categories I'm out. 

Well he did say that the Xbox version would be the one to get if those kinks aren't ironed out. Too bad you wanted the PS5 version so badly.

:troll:

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Well he did say that the Xbox version would be the one to get if those kinks aren't ironed out. Too bad you wanted the PS5 version so badly.

:troll:

spacer.png

I mentioned this to him a few pages back and he said he would get it on XSX now