Weed is open for sale tomorrow.

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

Why would they open on 4/21 and not 4/20?

I guess they don’t get a new shipment for a while. Don’t wanna blow all their stock in a day. I’m so happy that I’m not working today at the dispensary and I’m on my 6th bowl today and finally feeling a buzz. Walked the dog after the first 2, lunch after 2 more bowls and just finished 2 more and will probably give the dog a walk again.

Sadly Fozzie Bear has some illness that is baffling us and the vet, and has been on an IV for the past 2 days. He has no appetite or energy, and they found his intestines were inflamed :( Will hopefully have him home tonight and will more then likely need too go on a special diet. Although it seems like my CBD is something that will help his inflammation and help create an appetite for him. Dropped 4 pounds in just 3 days and will not play with Buddy at all or only very briefly, and they can literally go a full hour non stop. Whether Buddy wants too or not, and now Buddy is the one trying to get him moving/playing with him.

Anyways congrats on legalization tomorrow. I’m actually looking at buying some new seeds myself to get some CBG only plants. This shit is better then CBD from personal use and is also non intoxicating like CBD. Plus some good high strength THC Indica plants for pain/sleep needs. Some are mid-high 20’s and mid 30’s 

• Like 1

I couldn't believe it but I woke up early. Got there probably by like 610-615. Place is probably like 5 min driving. There was a line and it took some time but it start moving well enough. They had a dj and were giving out donuts. (Should have gotten another before leaving) I guess they were limiting sales thoughbto ensure no stock issues. Could only buy 2 3.5 grams. 60 dollars each. Which I feel isn't bad but I dunno what current black market pricing is. The dude that set up a delivery service would charge 55+ depending on the strain. Kinda wish I didn't have work so I could smoke more but did take a few hits of the hybrid before napping before work.

Edit: probably will still use the delivery guy still. I don't always have my car.

Also as a person that hates the war on drugs. I can't hide my disgust that the dispencery in Paterson is a chain probably owned by some dudes that would never have gone to jail for distribution.

If it's anything like it was in Oregon when it got legalized, it's probably not going to compete with black market prices for a while. I remember when it got legalized in Washington, I was paying like $24/gram for basic shit. Obviously even now black market is still cheaper, but having to call someone makes it a hassle when there are dispensaries everywhere that you can just pop into while you're doing whatever.

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

lmao

172824c7-e681-4e87-a0f7-e02774227c2f-042
WWW.NORTHJERSEY.COM

Paterson officials never adopted an ordinance imposing a local tax on the recreational cannabis purchases ahead of Thursday's debut.

I saw that this morning or yesterday. Galaxy brains at work.

Actually the mayor was there. Was to shy to talk to him though. 

I should yolo run for mayor one day.

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

lmao

172824c7-e681-4e87-a0f7-e02774227c2f-042
WWW.NORTHJERSEY.COM

Paterson officials never adopted an ordinance imposing a local tax on the recreational cannabis purchases ahead of Thursday's debut.

Wouldn't they at least still get sales tax? Unless NJ is somehow a no sales tax state

4 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

I saw that this morning or yesterday. Galaxy brains at work.

I love how it happened, the council tried to ban marijuana sales from the town completely, the mayor vetoes, then lmao let's just not bother getting the tax set up.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

I love how it happened, the council tried to ban marijuana sales from the town completely, the mayor vetoes, then lmao let's just not bother getting the tax set up.

I gotta vote for him during the re-election. Yes just cuz the the weed.

Insane to want to ban sales in our hood.

The 2 cities next to me have still opted out of allowing any shops in their city. Oakville and Mississauga city councils have kept them from setting up shop in the city, but on the boarders of the neighbouring city are tons of shops. Oakville just voted a few weeks ago to keep the measures in place, as my shop owners were scavenging areas for potential shops has they allowed them. I would say $8-10g is the overall average at my store but have a couple below that $8 mark (Shred) and stuff well above $10 and closer to $20 (Ghost Drop’s Grand Master Funk)

28 minutes ago, Jason said:

"If we don't ban weed sales in our hood, it will turn into da hood, wink wink."

Probably. Reminds me of this page on facebook called Save Paterson. I think it's just a councilman using thst page to dunk on the mayor. I love my city but to save our decaying urban centers is more of a national issue. 

Gotta figure out a platform now that I think about. I doubt residents would be too excited about ya guys we fucked but whatever things thst come up to improve paterson barring gentrification.

5 hours ago, Dodger said:

Wouldn't they at least still get sales tax? Unless NJ is somehow a no sales tax state

There isn't sales tax I think. Could be wrong but I think the kiosk I set up my order from only showed an excise tax.

Edit. 6.625% with a 2% sales tax for the city of Bloomfield. It's 3.3125% on Paterson and Lord knows what the state tax will be.