Slow Horses (Apple TV+) - spy thriller series about disgraced MI5 agents Starring Gary Oldman, update: renewed for Season 5

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Slow Horses - spy thriller series about disgraced MI5 agents Starring Gary Oldman (Apple TV+, April 4)
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Season 2 has already been filmed and will air later this year!

Slow-Horses-2.jpg?w=1000
DEADLINE.COM

James Hawes on directing Apple TV's six-part miniseries 'Slow Horses', his “Grotty And Flatulent” slow-burn spy thriller.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Slow Horses (Apple TV+) - spy thriller series about disgraced MI5 agents Starring Gary Oldman, update: Season 2 already filmed and will air later in 2022
  • 2 weeks later...

Really enjoyed this season overall, I’m glad another one is coming soon. Adapting a series of books like this makes sense to me. 6 or so episodes per book, two of those a year. It would be great if they could keep that up for a few years. 

Question about the end, because I’m dumb

Spoiler

So we learn that Lamb killed Standish’s old boss, and Cartwright’s gramps was involved too. Are we supposed to know what that was about at this point? Or is that just showing us part of Lamb’s dark past and how he landed at Slough House?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/1/2022 at 1:40 PM, TheLeon said:

Really enjoyed this season overall, I’m glad another one is coming soon. Adapting a series of books like this makes sense to me. 6 or so episodes per book, two of those a year. It would be great if they could keep that up for a few years. 

Question about the end, because I’m dumb

Reveal hidden contents

You're not supposed to know the reason at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

Renewed for Seasons 3 and 4:

apple-tv-slow-horses-to-watch.jpg?resize
9TO5MAC.COM

Apple spy drama Slow Horses, starring Gary Oldman, has picked up a series order today for two more seasons by Apple TV+. This follows the season one premiere of the show back in April, and a season two release already set to arrive later this year. At the end of the Slow Horses season one […]

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Slow Horses (Apple TV+) - spy thriller series about disgraced MI5 agents Starring Gary Oldman, update: renewed for Seasons 3 and 4
  • 4 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Slow Horses (Apple TV+) - spy thriller series about disgraced MI5 agents Starring Gary Oldman, update: Season 2 debut on December 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Slow Horses (Apple TV+) - spy thriller series about disgraced MI5 agents Starring Gary Oldman, update: Season 2 Official Trailer (December 2)
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TheLeon said:

Another fun season! This show isn’t really doing anything particularly fresh or innovative, but I think that’s part of the charm. Lamb is becoming one of my favorite characters on TV. 

I wholeheartedly agree!

It certainly doesn't break new ground creatively, but it executes that well-trod ground absolute flawlessly!  And the six episode format keeps things moving along nicely with little-to-no narrative fat to bog things down unnecessarily.

By the looks of things, we won't have to wait all that long for the third season either! :twothumbsup:

• 10 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Slow Horses (Apple TV+) - spy thriller series about disgraced MI5 agents Starring Gary Oldman, update: Season 3 Official Trailer (November 29)
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finishing this now. I never got too deep into spy stuff but now I have an itch to scratch. Other than The Americans, which I’ve seen and is fantastic, are there any other good spy dramas anyone would recommend? I especially enjoy that this and The Americans are more grounded and less action oriented than most spy movies. 

9 hours ago, Moa said:

Finishing this now. I never got too deep into spy stuff but now I have an itch to scratch. Other than The Americans, which I’ve seen and is fantastic, are there any other good spy dramas anyone would recommend? I especially enjoy that this and The Americans are more grounded and less action oriented than most spy movies. 

Sticking to just shows or are we including movies too?

55 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Sticking to just shows or are we including movies too?

Movies are fine. I've mostly seen the blockbuster action spy movies which, while decent in their own right, don't really scratch the Slow Horses itch.

11 hours ago, Moa said:

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (2011) starring Gary Oldman :p

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Moa said:

Movies are fine. I've mostly seen the blockbuster action spy movies which, while decent in their own right, don't really scratch the Slow Horses itch.

2 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (2011) starring Gary Oldman :p

Was going to be my first suggestion. :p There are a lot of slow burn, intricate spy thrillers out there. I'd also recommend The Courier (2021) and A Most Wanted Man (Philip Seymour Hoffman). There are a lot more, does the age of the movie matter to you?

• Halal 1

• 2 weeks later...
DEADLINE.COM

Apple TV+ is returning once again to Slow Horses, with a fifth season greenlit, the first major renewal of 2024.

Apple TV+ is returning once again to Slow Horses, with a fifth season greenlit, the first major renewal of 2024.

The Gary Oldman-starring adaptation of Mick Herron’s novels has proved a hit for the streamer, having aired its first season just 18 months ago and yet already moved to a fifth. It was handed a double series recommission for Seasons 3 and 4 in June 2022 and the third dropped last week.

The fifth outing of Slow Horses will be adapted from Herron’s Spook Street. Everyone is suspicious when resident tech nerd Roddy Ho (Christopher Chung) has a glamorous new girlfriend, but when a series of increasingly bizarre events occur across the city, it falls to the Slow Horses to work out how everything is connected.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Slow Horses (Apple TV+) - spy thriller series about disgraced MI5 agents Starring Gary Oldman, update: renewed for Season 5