Pokémon Scarlet & Violet Coming November 18, 2022

Keyser_Soze

One thing about this game is that the whole "you can do everything in any order!" while, technically true, is also kinda BS. Gym badges still are needed to control and catch pokemon above certain levels (though, in this game it's based on the amount of gym badges you have and not which ones you have), so, even if you want to do one of the other storylines first, you kinda need to continually go for gym badges. Right now I feel like I'm constantly chasing the next gym badge as my pokemon near the max level. I have two badges right now and can control/catch up to lvl 30 pokemon, my pokemon are mostly at lvl 23-25 already.

7 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Are you going to run it on an emulator or a hacked switch? If the former, let us know if the framerate is better than native switch! :santasun:

Emulator. It'a rough on the OXP but I think I can brute force it on my desktop and laptop. Gonna try the laptop now.

Just now, Spork3245 said:

I wonder if my 4090 could brute force 35fps? :angry-fap-small:

Real questions is can your cpu brute force past that shader compilation. Or is there a way to do asynchronous with Switch emulation yet? I hadn’t thought about that. I think Wiiu emulation can do that now? That’s just not playable to me without a solution, would much rather just stick to the original at that point.

7 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

One thing about this game is that the whole "you can do everything in any order!" while, technically true, is also kinda BS. Gym badges still are needed to control and catch pokemon above certain levels (though, in this game it's based on the amount of gym badges you have and not which ones you have), so, even if you want to do one of the other storylines first, you kinda need to continually go for gym badges. Right now I feel like I'm constantly chasing the next gym badge as my pokemon near the max level. I have two badges right now and can control/catch up to lvl 30 pokemon, my pokemon are mostly at lvl 23-25 already.

Bro my Pokemon are like level 70 and I have gym badges to control up to 45.

I believe the control mechanic only applies to Pokemon caught above a certain level. i.e. if I catch a level 50 Pokemon right now, I'd run into obedience issues. If I raise a Pokemon to a very high level, it will always obey. I'm not sure if the mechanic is the same in VS as the previous games, but generally as long as you catch a Pokemon within your level range, gym badges are irrelevant. If you catch one outside of it, they become relevant. You could have a level 100 starter before doing a single gym and it'd always obey, for example.

Also, you can still of course catch high level Pokemon (or else the previous mechanic would have no function) -- higher gym badges make it easier to catch them, not possible. I think improved catch rates with gym badges might be new?

That said I've had no issue catching level 60+ Pokemon in high level areas. If I try to use them, though, they definitely disobey a lot.

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

What do you mean? I just finished the Titans last night.

my game glitched, the stupid little guy that says titan didn't show up. I killed everyone of them on the islands. Reloaded and he showed up, but the crystal raid cave thing on that little island seems glitched as well, as I can walk through it and can't actually do the raid on that cave

4 hours ago, stepee said:

Real questions is can your cpu brute force past that shader compilation. Or is there a way to do asynchronous with Switch emulation yet? I hadn’t thought about that. I think Wiiu emulation can do that now? That’s just not playable to me without a solution, would much rather just stick to the original at that point.

This is still better then what I am seeing on that DF video. 

5 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I’ve decided to download this closer to Christmas. Like maybe 12 days out……12 days of Christmas 🤔

That way I can snuggle under my blanket, sip my hot chocolate, and play. @stepee Thanks again dude. 

Miles is a fantastic holiday game as well so you’ll be all set!

Patch is hitting!

Ver. 1.1.0 (Releasing December 1, 2022)

• Season 1 of Ranked Battles will kick off, allowing you to enjoy Ranked Battles through the Battle Stadium.
    • Please check the in-game notice for more details about Ranked Battles Season 1.

• An issue has been fixed that caused the music to not play correctly during the battles with the Elite Four and the Top Champion in the Victory Road path.
  • Other select bug fixes have been made.

We are aware that players may encounter issues that affect the games' performance. Our goal is always to give players a positive experience with our games, and we apologize for the inconvenience. We take the feedback from players seriously and are working on improvements to the games.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, stepee said:

Normally this would work but they literally just patched it and announced more patches and that they are working on performance improvements!

Is the patch out? Mine didn’t update. I tried playing on my TV for the first time since launch and almost went blind :p 

3 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Is the patch out? Mine didn’t update. I tried playing on my TV for the first time since launch and almost went blind :p 

It comes out today but I’m not sure if it actually rolled out to systems yet, I don’t think so. And playing this on TV is some staring at the solar eclipse kinda deal, you know better!

On 12/1/2022 at 2:11 PM, stepee said:

It comes out today but I’m not sure if it actually rolled out to systems yet, I don’t think so. And playing this on TV is some staring at the solar eclipse kinda deal, you know better!

I don’t necessarily need great textures and high polygon counts and fancy effects but I can’t handle shit like pop in, draw distance, poor rendering, janky animations, stuff like that. The game looks like an Alpha build in those regards. 

34 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Oh I'm in theboy181's Discord! Love his Xenoblade Chronicles 3 mods.

Unfortunately I don't know how useful this would be in reality since you can't play online, right? Online with a Pokemon game is a must for me.

Why online? For trading? Battles? Both?