Pokémon Scarlet & Violet Coming November 18, 2022

Keyser_Soze

4 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I need to ask. Who at Gamefreak thought that rendering distant objects at lower frame rates rather than lower resolutions or with lower quality assets was a good idea? Also, can that person be shot or if a canon?

Oh, it starts doing it regardless of distance in crowded areas and is kind of jarring :lol:. Game is a f’n technical mess.

7 minutes ago, stepee said:

lol it is funny that it’s higher end pc gamers here playing this particularly terrible running game but what ya gonna do this is where psyduck is

Particularly Xbob. The guy bitches about 59 fps and if his ray tracing is off you better fucking throw that piece of shit game away. But Pokémon? It’s the best!

• Haha 1
  • True 1

Just now, Spork3245 said:

Oh, it starts doing it regardless of distance in crowded areas and is kind of jarring :lol:

Distance is very relative here.

I couldn't help but laugh when I was at an area with wind turbines and the one I stood on was animated at 30fps while the turbine immediately next to me was animated at like 3fps.

Who has ever tried to save on resources this way? I imagine it must have been done before, but I can't think of another game like this.

We talk about how Nintendo with Monolith Soft had been so good about this kind of thing, but the worst example for Gamefreak has to be Gust. Somehow they managed to put the multiplatform Atelier games on the Switch and keep them looking and playing fine with large towns and no need for these frame rate shenanigans.

23 minutes ago, Brian said:

You want to get offended and upset off a joke? You do you bud. You take shit too seriously

Offended? Not at all. More “wtf” since the joke felt directed at me since it was immediately after my post when all I said it was tolerable in handheld mode. But, oh man, when someone accuses someone else of being offended or too serious, it’s really the ultimate sign of butthurt, but you do you, bro. :p 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Who has ever tried to save on resources this way? I imagine it must have been done before, but I can't think of another game like this.

I feel like some DS/3DS games used to do something similar. In this, it’s still very noticeable in handheld, but I played for maybe 5min on my OLED and went “jeezes”, got up and pulled it from the dock and switched to handheld mode where all of it is at least tolerable by comparison. :lol: 

28 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Offended? Not at all. More “wtf” since the joke felt directed at me since it was immediately after my post when all I said it was tolerable in handheld mode. But, oh man, when someone accuses someone else of being offended or too serious, it’s really the ultimate sign of butthurt, but you do you, bro. :p 

Lololol ok bud. Carry on 

Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

12 hours ago, Brian said:

Imagine leaving the forum for a few months because you got upset for being teased by Jason and others. 

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

Lol that’s not why I left for a bit, but you’re totally not upset when trying to make this personal, yet somehow you accuse me of being the offended one who takes things too seriously :rofl:

You must have a very sad and pathetic life, bud. Imagine being this shitty of a person. Hey, let’s get personal: You legit have no friends in real life do you? Live with your parents? Middling job where you can’t afford nice things in your life like a 4090 so you get upset online at those who are happy in life and have nice things? Just another toxic pathetic dingdong who’s lonely with no life outside of this forum who will probably die sad and alone. Good talk :peace:

jimmy fallon laughing GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

9 hours ago, Biggie said:

Particularly Xbob. The guy bitches about 59 fps and if his ray tracing is off you better fucking throw that piece of shit game away. But Pokémon? It’s the best!

This forum is full of 30-50 year old adults, why the fuck do some of you read like struggling second graders? Not only do I never claim that Pokemon is the best, or anything approaching the best, but I specifically say it runs and looks like absolute dog shit. And I give no excuses for how it runs, because I don't have to. It's a huge problem. But it's also not a new problem. Switch games tend to run like shit, and Pokemon games in particular have the rare honor of somehow looking worse than they run while also running like a snail with two broken legs.

The difference is, the fight is lost. Nothing riles Pokemon fans up. They will not fight for better visuals (which we weirdly did get here), or better performance (which we absolutely did not get here) or a complete Pokedex or animations that make sense or combat that wasn't already over a decade outdated when it hit the Game Boy nearly 30 years ago. Either the games get reviewed so incredibly poorly and receive abysmal sales that Nintendo and the Pokemon Company can't help but take notice and hire non-geriatrics for their 3D modeling and optimization team, or just... kind of want to improve on their own, for no reason. Which both seem equally likely.

You can do one-man boycotts or whatever, but who fuckin' cares? I'm interested in Pokemon going in a new direction, and this isn't particularly worse than Arceus, which I also enjoyed.

None of that means the game has an acceptable level of performance, visual fidelity, animation quality, combat improvements, or anything else. Do not extract information from your ass, I already write paragraphs, you have plenty of material to work with.

When I play a game on a console, I just expect it to be a shit experience, sometimes the performance is a dealbreaker, sometimes it's not. Performance in Bloodborne was a dealbreaker because I take From games pretty seriously and having a bunch of stutter in a difficult, tightly-tuned game based around timing is a big fucking no-thank-you.

On the other hand, I got a Shiny Psyduck.

lol u guys, anyway I got my cool pokémon motorcycle guy now and can zip around which rules. The size of the school also made me feel less bad about all the empty buildings in the city. I hope some cities have other such interior areas though. Really digging lechonk and I’m glad you get him early. Got my boy Psyduck super early too. And with 50s suave duck of course that’s half of my team right off the bat. Now I just need to get some big boys. 

It really opens up and let’s you loose though doesn’t it. Of course I first went to the one place I guess I can’t do yet until I get all the badges. Will be interesting to see how this design plays out and comes together. I think I’ll go after a gym first and then tackle a titan or smtn. The electro whatever boost thingy mechanic is interesting but I wonder if you can ever extend its life beyond one charge.

14 minutes ago, stepee said:

Really digging lechonk and I’m glad you get him early.

Lechonk. My kids spent nearly half an hour naming that porker and came up with Brinkwell. Then I gave them a time limit of five minutes going forward and they immediately came back with Yarntail for tarountula and Lighty for a pawmi.

• Haha 1

Just now, Ghost_MH said:

Lechonk. My kids spent nearly half an hour naming that porker and came up with Brinkwell. Then I gave them a time limit of five minutes going forward and they immediately came back with Yarntail for tarountula and Lighty for a pawmi.

So far kids naming their pokémon is the most convincing argument I’ve heard for having children. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I can't blame them. I force myself to nickname every one I catch, which used to be fun, but now is just me staring at a name input screen for 15 minutes every time I catch a new one.

1 minute ago, Xbob42 said:

I can't blame them. I force myself to nickname every one I catch, which used to be fun, but now is just me staring at a name input screen for 15 minutes every time I catch a new one.

I stick to my long held Pokemon rule. If it might go into my party, I name it. If it's heading to a box, I don't name it because your really shouldn't name the livestock.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

@best3444 I really want this game but I know you are struggling financially so I won’t ask you to buy it for me. 

Ask your Mom or Dad to buy it for me. Thanks bro. 

They're broke, too. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

@best3444 I really want this game but I know you are struggling financially so I won’t ask you to buy it for me. 

Ask your Mom or Dad to buy it for me. Thanks bro. 

you know what i’m feeling christmasy 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2