Pokémon Scarlet & Violet Coming November 18, 2022

Keyser_Soze

53 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I’m going to download it closer to Christmas because I’m a nerd like that 😝

Hope that’s okay @stepee 

Btw do you recommend Scarlet or Violet? Also which starter did you go with?

Check the last page showing the main difference, the special Pokémon you get is your mount, and the Scarlet one is some horse thing with wheels that don’t move? I went Violet. Quaxley is my boy but man I really do like both of the others in this one so I’ll have to find them.

And no worries that makes sense! It’s close enough for me lol but ya something about pokémon on the holidays. I only got into them with the Switch actually but still they feel like such a christmas season game to me.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

4 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Am I the only one who abuses the F out of wonder trade in attempts to get all 3 starters? 

The only thing stopping me from doing that is that I really like ceruledge so I'm all set with a fire Pokemon in my playthrough. I'll probably abuse wonder trade post game.

5 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

I do want this, but I won't buy it until they fix it. If they don't fix it, I won't play it.

They are apparently giving refunds without question tho, so Nintendo must be pissed.

While I appreciate taking a principled stance here, it’s just that Psyduck Psyfucks

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

I do want this, but I won't buy it until they fix it. If they don't fix it, I won't play it.

They are apparently giving refunds without question tho, so Nintendo must be pissed.

What? The glitches are like half the fun. They don't negatively impact the game, they enhance it.

DOUBLE JOYSTICK RUN SPEED GOOOO

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Nintendo giving out refunds without question? I call bullshit on that. Nintendo don’t play that. 

While I’m surprised it took until now to give attention to how bad the tech is with these it is good it finally hit a tipping point and is getting a lot of coverage about it. I hope that is enough to inspire them to improve their tech department and maybe get help from one of Nintendo’s teams. I’m not going to hold my breath, but it would be nice!

3 hours ago, stepee said:

While I’m surprised it took until now to give attention to how bad the tech is with these it is good it finally hit a tipping point and is getting a lot of coverage about it. I hope that is enough to inspire them to improve their tech department and maybe get help from one of Nintendo’s teams. I’m not going to hold my breath, but it would be nice!

if i know anything about pokémon it’ll take a few releases to really see an improvement 😂

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Never played Sword and Shield, but with the way people described them, you’d think they’d look like this.  Just that opening shot DF used from it really puts this game’s visual shortcomings in perspective.

sword and shield is different. they had a “wild area” which was an open area that did not run well. the rest of the game (besides dlc) was like a regular linear pokemon game. 

54 minutes ago, johnny said:

sword and shield is different. they had a “wild area” which was an open area that did not run well. the rest of the game (besides dlc) was like a regular linear pokemon game. 

Was the wild area even as bad as this?  Doesn’t seem like it from what I’ve seen.

4 hours ago, stepee said:

I hope that is enough to inspire them to improve their tech department and maybe get help from one of Nintendo’s teams. I’m not going to hold my breath, but it would be nice!

Pokemon-Scarlet-and-Violet.jpg
WWW.VIDEOGAMESCHRONICLE.COM

This is the highest global sales level for any software on any Nintendo platform within the first three days.

ok ya nm lol

12 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

There are definitely performance issues. I mean the frame rate for people walking in the background in the cities looks like 3-4 FPS :lol: but in the end it's still fun. I do wish they would add a default defend move.

Did you get Scarlet or Violet?

3 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

Was the wild area even as bad as this?  Doesn’t seem like it from what I’ve seen.

The wild area was significantly worse.

First, the entire zone looked like a shitty N64 game. It was completely barren of anything interesting, was much smaller than this, and had massive stuttering every quarter second due to loading in a bunch of fake player ghosts that served no purpose other than to make it run like shit.

On second thought, I think the ghosts might've been there to make it seem less desolate. Because you could disconnect from the internet and the place would at least run smoother, and be completely empty and depressing. This game at least "earns" running and looking like shit, to some small degree, in that it is absolutely packed with NPCs and Pokemon of all shapes and sizes and terrain that is varied without loading screens like Arceus (which had a way better art style on top of a much better performance/tech profile... but was still quite disappointingly ugly) or without the hallway-design constraints of most of Sword/Shield.

All of this in the context of it being a Game Freak title, of course. Outside of that narrow vacuum this is all unforgivably bad. Further, they actually released a game this generation that looked AND ran well! Let's Go Eevee and Pikachu. They had a very solid, pristine art style that was cute and lively, and the games ran, well, not buttery smooth, but if this is butter after falling in gravel, those games were like after butter fell in some powdered sugar. Mostly fine, and significantly better than this. It feels like it was done by a different team and I believe that team is in charge of this game's DLC, so maybe they can fucking fix something. I hope.

Anyway, the game has an amazing weather system! Check out my footage!

• Like 1

Another minor grievance I have with Scarlet and Violet is that

Spoiler

Bisharp finally has an evolution, which is nice, and since it's based on a Bishop from chess, just like its pre-evolved form is based on a Pawn, I always thought it would be cool to get gender specific evolutions to continue the chess theme, so a Queen for female Bisharps, and a King for male Bisharps, but there is only one evolution, and it's only based on a King, and isn't gender exclusive, which just seems like a hugely missed opportunity.