Pokémon Scarlet & Violet Coming November 18, 2022

Keyser_Soze

9 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Oh I'm in theboy181's Discord! Love his Xenoblade Chronicles 3 mods.

Unfortunately I don't know how useful this would be in reality since you can't play online, right? Online with a Pokemon game is a must for me.

Yea, can’t go online afaik, but for me, I pretty much only use the online for wonder/mystery trades. I have no way of ripping a rom off my switch, though, but I know @Zaku3 mentioned he ripped his copy to his PC

6 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Yea, can’t go online afaik, but for me, I pretty much only use the online for wonder/mystery trades. I have no way of ripping a rom off my switch, though, but I know @Zaku3 mentioned he ripped his copy to his PC

There is online but you can only use it with other people playing via emulators or hacked Switches. 

I watched the Digital Foundry video and I can’t fucking do it; the comparisons to other Switch games (especially Arceus) absolutely sent me. By no means am I a performance whore but I can’t abide that garbage, it’s atrocious. It’s still going to print money but I’m sure there are some Nintendo executives who are not happy with The Pokemon Company right now given the PR hit Nintendo is taking for this. 

8 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I watched the Digital Foundry video and I can’t fucking do it; the comparisons to other Switch games (especially Arceus) absolutely sent me. By no means am I a performance whore but I can’t abide that garbage, it’s atrocious. It’s still going to print money but I’m sure there are some Nintendo executives who are not happy with The Pokemon Company right now given the PR hit Nintendo is taking for this. 

It's so annoying, because the more fun they make the Pokemon games, the less playable they become due to their technical incompetence or unwillingness to apply an actual budget to their products.

2 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

It's so annoying, because the more fun they make the Pokemon games, the less playable they become due to their technical incompetence or unwillingness to apply an actual budget to their products.

lol ya I swear the games keep getting more fun as the tech breaks further apart - I guess I’ll take this over the former since when it was random battles in the grass I just didn’t play them at all but still.

I have a feeling the pokémon game in two years might be a real solid one, finally getting a critical hit on this one combined with just likely having a more powerful system by then. But we will see!

21 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Not only did I watch technical footage, I publicly complained and denigrated the developer. The game is so bad looking it turned me into you!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Not only did I watch technical footage, I publicly complained and denigrated the developer. The game is so bad looking it turned me into you!

I've got bad news, once the infection takes hold it's chronic, there is no cure. :( We'll meet here tomorrow for a 3 page frame-time discussion.

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

People had fun with the N64 and it looks like one of those games so why not get it?

I obviously bought it and have sunk a ton of time in it, but also this game isn't doing anything that Xenoblade Chronicles X did on the Wii U and that game runs better than this one and also didn't need to stop to load the main town when you come flying in from above.

That is immensely frustrating and should be considered acceptable. Unfortunately, the game is also really fun, so that kind of sucks.

40 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

People had fun with the N64 and it looks like one of those games so why not get it?

In my defense I was a console peasant back then. I didn't become a PC gamer until the last 3 or 2 years of elementary school. I didn't know about resolution until I was looking at Max Payne's settings and changed the resolution setting and noticed hey this looks alot better.

3 hours ago, johnny said:

how tf are you beating the 6 star raids? they’re hard af 

I got a Charmander and the grass + fire starters through mystery trades. I’ve beaten a couple 6 star raids but it’s not easy, I only beat one on my first attempt. Typically you need to see what all the typings are and what offensive move types the pokemon has then go from there (so you have strong super effective moves + aren’t weak to their attacks), so it’s almost always going to be 2 attempts, especially if you’re soloing with AI partners.

• 2 weeks later...

Gah, the end of the game is REALLY frustrating. It's so good. The entire end game is the closest a Pokemon game has felt to being like playing through a Pokemon movie. However, I swear the frame rate never got above 25fps and the lack of voice acting REALLY hurt the banter and the more emotional scenes. No voice acting has bugged me in previous Pokemon games, but the lack of voice acting here really sucked.

No excuses here. The Pokemon Company has wildly deep ties with animation and voice studios all over the globe in every language this game is available in.

Otherwise, I really enjoyed this game. I guess I'll check out some post-game stuff now.

2 hours ago, stepee said:

lets goooooooooo - curious how you like this one!

Okay played 2 hours and this shit is nice! It’s like Arceus but better in every way. I’m really digging the Pokémon and the battles and catching them. Everything seems quick and snappy. Graphics ain’t bad either. I almost went with Sprigatito but I love me some water Pokies and chose Quaxly. 

2 hours ago, stepee said:

Also what version?

Violet 

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

7 hours ago, Biggie said:

Okay played 2 hours and this shit is nice! It’s like Arceus but better in every way. I’m really digging the Pokémon and the battles and catching them. Everything seems quick and snappy. Graphics ain’t bad either. I almost went with Sprigatito but I love me some water Pokies and chose Quaxly. 

Violet 

You were close to waiting until Christmas. Glad you like it and enjoy! 

• Hugs 1

11 hours ago, Biggie said:

Violet 

Im a Quaxly guy too, though I kinda miss him before he evolved and he evolved way too quick! It’s an um..interesting evolution lol you will see.

Im picking this back up now too to relax with over the holidays.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 10:40 AM, stepee said:

Im a Quaxly guy too, though I kinda miss him before he evolved and he evolved way too quick! It’s an um..interesting evolution lol you will see.

Im picking this back up now too to relax with over the holidays.

Yeah not a fan of his evolution. But I’m really enjoying the game! Best Pokémon game to date. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Biggie said:

What’s the point of these Raids? I catch the exact same Pokémon I can catch out in the world. And why would I need to connect to the internet to bring 3 other players with me? The Raids are easy as shit by myself. 

There’s tougher ones where you’d want real people instead of AI partners. The point is to get a unique secondary typing if you care about those types of things.

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

Ok I’ve played long enough to determine this is the most fun I’ve had in a Pokémon main line game. Story is pretty good, all the things on the map are great, so much content, love the open world, and the Pokies are great. 

Yeah it’s not just me it’s a good selection this time isn’t it!

• True 1

25 minutes ago, stepee said:

Yeah it’s not just me it’s a good selection this time isn’t it!

I don’t feel like I’m just going thru the motions of going from Gym to town defeating Gym leader and rinse and repeat. It’s actually fun exploring and finding cool shit. 

• 2 weeks later...